Chapter Ten: 9 To 5

June 11th.....

I was still wondering why Blake was so nice to me yesterday. Was he feeling bad for me? I wondered.

I was heading to Blake's office when an anonymous phone number called, I decided to answer.

"Hello" I said.

"You must be Miss Blanchett." A woman's voice asked.

"Yes, that is me." I responded with a smile. "And you are?"

"Honey, I am his real girlfriend. If you want to keep Blake safe tell him that you're a gold digger like the rest of the girls and leave him." She scoffed.

"W-what?" I asked astonished.

"You heard me, do a I say or else Blake gets hurt."

"Who are you?" I asked. Then the women hung up.

I still kept on walking to Blake's office, I knew I wasn't going to tell him any of this because surely it was just a prank call. The sky was really pretty today really blue with a couple of white fluffy clouds. The sun was shining and birds were chirping. I was looking around when I stumbled into Blake's building.

I headed toward the elevator and made my way to Blake's level.

His secretary allowed me to go in. So I knocked on his door briefly.

"Come in." The husky male voice of Blake's said.

"Hey Kate, what brings you here today?" He asked.

"Hi, um is it a sin to come see my boyfriend at work." I said with a wink.

"No it isn't, join me for lunch though." He said and grinned

"Sure, I have some questions to ask you anyhow." I answered with a smile.

"I have to go to a meeting and then we'll go." He said and left the room. I turned on my phone and played Candy Crush to try and pass the time.

After about a half an hour of waiting in Blake's office. Blake returned form his meeting and we went to lunch. We went to a small diner a couple blocks from his office, since I told him I wanted to grab a burger and fries.

"So you mentioned you had a couple of questions for me?" He asked sipping his diet coke.

"Um. I. Never mind. It's not important." I stuttered, because I had remembered what the caller said.

"OK, you know you can tell me anything right Kate?" He replied.

"Of course." I nodded and put my head down.

"Is it okay if I spend the weekend with Emmy and Bella?" I asked.

"Yeah that's fine, I am going out of town for business anyways." He stated.

"Thanks." I answered. "Where are you going?"

"I have to go to LA for a press conference, I leave tomorrow and will be back Sunday night." He said casually.

"OK, well travel safe." I added.

"I will thanks, oh, I will be sending one of my bodyguards to guard you while I'm away, since the press knows about us now. He will be waiting for us in my office after lunch." He said.

"Blake, I don't need anyone to guard or babysit me, I'm a grown adult." I groaned. "I can take care of myself."

"I know you are and I know you can I just want to protect you." He answered.

"Ugh. Fine." I huffed.

He just smiled at me. Then he leaned over and moved some of my hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear. He then whispered.