Chapter Seventeen: Edge Of Seventeen

The rest of the 'date' went rather quickly. Mira swore she didn't know where I was and has never heard of me apparently. Which was obviously false because here I am sitting in a warehouse or basement of some building that she put me in.

Blake just rolled his eyes and said, "If I find out you have something to do with her, I will find you." He vowed.

Then the two went their separate ways. Then the glasses camera shut off.

That's sketchy I thought. Blake normally doesn't give up easily on things. I'm wondering what his master plan is or is he just giving up on me just like that.

Oh no. I thought to myself. I hear a sound, it sounds like high heels hitting the ground. Mira. I thought. Oh dear, the devils wife herself is back already.

The noises remained to get louder and louder which meant she kept coming closer and closer to me. That's when I decided I was in a warehouse, because if she was in a basement she would have reached me by now.

Then she walked through the door along with her two bodyguards. "Up now." She said to me snarly and I obeyed. She raised her foot up to kick me. I whimpered hoping she wasn't going to actually do it. Luckily she didn't because her phone rang.

"Yes." She said to the caller.

"What!? No." She yelled.

"No, keep that there, I will retrieve it once she is disposed of." She confirmed, nodded and hung up.

"OK, now to deal with you." She said looking back at me.

"Follow me, I have to move you to a more secure location." She explained. "Any sudden moves or trying to escape will cause you to get shot."

"I'm not going to run ya know." I said gently not trying to push her off a ledge.

"I know you're not if you know what's good for you." She responded.

"You know, something?" I started. "Blake was really heartbroken by you when he came to know that you were only into him for his money." I hesitated to say more when she said nothing in response. But, then I decided to continue anyways because I felt she needed to hear it.

"His housekeeper told me that when you left 2 years ago he was heartbroken for months. I know it's not my business, but do you really want him to go through all that again?" I asked.

"You're right it isn't any of your business." She stated. "You need to stay out of it, if you want to see yourself and Blake alive." She finished with a single tear running down her cheek causing some of her foundation to run a little.

Mira must have real feelings for him if she's willing to cry over him. I think she realized too late that she has made a mistake by being a gold digger and taking advantage of Blake's position. To be honest though Mira should feel guilty. I can't imagine treating Blake like that, let alone anyone else. I know what it's like to be taken advantage of because of my past. But, I wasn't taken advantage of because I was famous, good looking or had money. I was taken advantage of because I was not any of those things, I had just lost my parents so I was extremely vulnerable.

Mira led me down a long corridor of hallways, we walked until the sixth or seventh door and she unlocked the door. She took me though the door revealing a table and chairs, it looked like a interrogation room from Law & Order or NCIS.

___________________________________

Blake POV:

BRRRR.... BRRR... My phone kept buzzing, someone kept calling me but that someone wasn't in my contacts so I wasn't answering it.