27

2 YEARS EARLIER

Olivia

the feeling had been so fresh, i couldn't get rid of it.. the man who stepped up to be my father figure when everyone else turned their backs on me, decides to give up on me? it was that easy for him, huh. i kept staring at the room i was living in for the past what feels like years, the blankets, everything, even when vivian gave me so many clothes, i felt empty.

it's as if my life that i had been content with, is being stripped away. they had asked for my opinion, and yet it was invalidated.

i felt myself beginning to just cry at the agonizing pain that everyone has brought me.

betrayal is the worse. just packing my stuff into the suitcase was going so slow. i didn't have the courage to do so.

as i kept zoning out, a knock was heard but the person clearly let themselves in.

"what." i say with a snapping tone, trying to give off the impression i wish to not speak with anyone.

"olivia, i-" it was dad, or should I say Mr. Black.
i cut him off, "get out."

"Watch that attitude of yours." he says, getting all stern, "why? what are you going to do? ground me? go ahead, because you lost those privileges when you cast me to my brother." i went off on a tangent, having my eyes brimming with tears. i dislike that i cry when im angry.

"olivia. i know it seems unfair to you, but just think. you'll get to be with your real family. your brother" he proceeds to say, if i was born a lion i'd be pouncing onto him, clawing his face off, but i held my stance in the room.

"it is unfair! just because he is MY BROTHER. does not mean that you can just give me up." i cried, "all those memories? everything we did? did it mean nothing to you?!" i continue, now violently crying, my vision blurring.

"i tried so hard. to please you, to get close with you, and this is all you do in the end. fine." i concluded, as I didn't have any energy left in me to argue, he already signed me away on a piece of flimsy document.

"you can hate me all you want. hate me all of your life, but i'll always love you, and want what is the best for you." alex says with his voice unwavering.

i remained still, and didn't speak, "i don't want you to go, but your brother promises to give you a wonderful life that i can't guarantee you." he continues, i was trying to listen but my head was blocking out everything he tried to say, all I saw was red, betrayal.

"you will be happy, i can promise you that."

"no, you can't promise me that! i am perfectly safe with you, and you can't say you love me when you go and do this.." i say almost hitting him in the chest trying to get some sort of emotion into him, he's over here all calm, and I'm in hysterics.

"people who love each other wouldn't ever hurt each other."

"and what do you know about love?"

"clearly more than you! you are only thinking for yourself, so what if you're insecure about taking care of me? i want you. i love you" i end up burying my face to his chest.

nothing was being said, we were in each other's arms, and i wanted that to stay forever.

and just like that, what I loved and wanted didn't bat an eye when i left in the car.

he didn't even say goodbye to me, and my brother on the other hand, was ecstatic.

as if he won some battle, if it had been a custody battle I would have been more understanding to alex but he didn't put up a battle, he surrendered before the battle could begin.