9

Olivia

I've been home for the last 3 hours and now I was beginning to get hungry.

I sighed, I dialled Clare's number.

Clare: "Hey, how did it go?"
I bit my lips, I mean she basically knows my life story.
Me: "haha... I got a lot of lecturing from Vivian, and kid you not I called Vivian mom."
Clare: "omg! I knew I rubbed off on you" I could hear Clare chuckling on the other end,
Me: "haha, but the cat has yet to bite" I let out a small giggle.
Clare: "as If! Anyways It was nice to see you again" I could hear Clare sighing.
Me: "Yeah, it was nice to receive a hug from your mother" I laid on my bed as I put the phone on speaker.
Clare: "haha I heard all about the fake charade, I'm surprise I didn't ruin it!"
Me: "Right right, anyways my stomach is begging me for food."
Clare: "I'd be damn to see you eat at that house"
Me: "yeah... I mean I think I just never ate because I was nervous or something but now that all my emotion is out of my system I can eat without puking it"
Clare: "okay that's good! guess what my dad signed me up for a private school"
Me: "congrats! Mom asked Alex if he could switched schools for me since you know Xavier and all"
Clare: "Yeah I understand! but I am going to go now! Talk to you soon"
Me: "Yeah bye"
I pressed end call.

By now my stomach rumbled out loudly.

I just left my phone on the bed and made my way to the door.

while on my way to open to exit my room, alex stood there, i really did hit a wall.. i internally screamed. why is he here? i mean yeah he lives here.. but why is he specifically here.

I remained expressionless.

"Can I help you?" I asked giving off the vibe I-don't-care-about-you.

"Olivia, I am sorry for telling you to disappear, I am still getting used to having a child around." He says.

if he didn't like kids, why did he let his wife just let it happen? isn't he the man of the house?

I just stared pass him.

"Like I said, you don't need to apologise" I said as if I was reading off some script.

"Even if you think I shouldn't, I like to own up to my mistakes." He said rather coldly.

"can you get out of my way?" I matched to his tone.

"Remember rule number three? No disrespecting me" he says with a raised eyebrow.

"hah... no disrespecting? I lost respect for you the moment you told me to scram" I laced my words with hatred.

I saw him clench his fist.

Go again, take it all out on me.

It's not like I haven't been whipped or punched before.

"I'll let it slide, but I apologise" he says then stepped aside.

That's new, usually once a person has their fist clenched they just hit me..

Whatever.

I brushed pass him and walked down the stairs.

I inhaled, I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple that was sitting in the fruit basket.

Alex

My wife then scolded me.

"Go apologise to her." She said.

"I will! I was planning on doing that from the start" I defended.