13

Alex

"You're coming with me." I said seeing she was walking by me while staring at her phone.

"where?" She asks stopping and putting her phone away.

"we are going to have a visit to the orphanage" I paused.

I saw her eyes widened.

"...to gain custody of you" I finished.

Then she nodded and went off to put her shoes on.

"why do I have to come?" she asks putting her hair into a ponytail.

"because I don't want to leave you home alone" I said.

"but there are maids and-" I stopped her before she continued to talk.

"I don't want you to run off." I said and I motioned her to the garage.

"I learned my lesson" she says shutting the car door.

I looked up in the rear view mirror.

"you are a flight risk" I said then I pulled out of the garage and drove down the driveway.

the ride there was quiet like usual.

I parked my car at the front of the orphanage.

"you'll stay in the car" I said as I turned the car off.

I turned and look back at her.

"Is that understood?" I firmly said.

"Yes sir" she says.

"Be good" I said then I got out of the car and I locked the car, of course I rolled down two windows so there is oxygen.

I went up to the front desk.

"Mr. Black your appointment is in room 106." The woman says.

I nodded, I went to the conference room.

"Let's discuss the custody case for Olivia" Mr. Ron says sitting at the round table.

I pulled a chair out and sat down across from him.

"Correct" I responded.

"These are the file disclosures regarding Olivia" he says sliding the document towards me.

"What is it for?" I asked holding  the document and analysing what I was given.

"It discusses the list of her prior families, along with her conditions, further into the documents you'll read about her life when she was seven till now." Mr. Ron explains.

"what about ages 6 and under?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Her life before age 6 is classified" He replies.

"Classified? And why is it classified" I pressed.

"I am unsure but I'm sure it has to do with protecting her." He says.

"is there a way to reveal her past?" I asked I know I was asking too much, besides the documents containing her life before I met her satisfied me.

"I'm in no authority to give out her information or do I hold any records" he says.

I know that she is daughter of Casanova's, I have a hunch on what happened, I mean they were murdered so that's her past before age 6 I guess.

"Well thank you for the documents" I said.

"Now this is the final legalisation upon adopting Olivia" he hands me another document.

This time it's a paper with lots of questions and to cut it short just a lot of signatures to be signed.