2

Olivia

I told the nice lady, vivian beforhand that I wasn't really in the mood for dinner. she understood and didn't push it, which I was happy about.

after she left, i had pulled out the portrait of my brother, i couldn't believe he was gone, he really was young when he died, just 16. .
he had stepped up as my father figure when my own father couldn't.
so, losing him was a big loss for me, i lost my everything, my salvation, foundation, and roots. without him, i feel afloat, and missing him gives me heartaches.
today, is 22nd of April, the only day I let myself feel,
I hugged the portrait of Xavier.

"Xavi... what do I do without you" I sniffed, trying to stifle my cries, i didn't want to give off an attention seeking girl.

"Xavi do you know how much pain I've gone through..?" Now the tears were spilling.

"Xavi do you know how much I hate that you took the bullet." i mumbled as the tears proceeded to fall,

"bowther.. I miss you." I cried, i started hugging my stuff animal zebra, it was a gift from my brother, he had won it during a state fair.

"Xavier I got adopted again yay. Right?" I cried while laughing a little.

"It's so stupid, I've been guarding my emotions. But I still feel the pain" I clenched the zebra closer.

"Xavi if I could turn back in time, I would've just let myself go to them. Now our family is dead." I sobbed.

"Xavier... can you see me?" I looked up to the stars in the night sky.

we had so many plans.. and now I can't see ahead.

I cried harder into my zebra, when I hear a sudden knock to my door.

I quickly hid the photo away and put the zebra under the bed.

I wiped away the tears and grabbed the glass of water sitting by my bedside table.

I drank it, I was hoping I didn't look like too bad, so as I was hurrying to clean myself up the door sounded again.

"I'm coming!" I said walking to the door.

"Liv How are you settling in?" the nice lady, vivian says with a kind angelic smile.

I fake a smile, "I love it here! I'm glad you adopted me" I said earnestly, the room was so spacious, and screaming million dollar bills... it was luxurious.

"I'm glad too, also I apologize on behalf of my husband he just really isn't into children" Vivian explains.

"It's alright. I don't expect anything from him" I smiled.

So he's going to be like my birth father..

This time there's no Xavier.

Maybe Vivian is my Xavier?

Perhaps Xavier came back in a female form??

I'm getting ridiculous.

"well it's getting late so I'll tuck you in" Vivian says.

I nodded.

then I was placed onto my bed and she turned the lights off.

I rolled to my side and stare out the sky view window.

I saw the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper.

"Xavi you may not be around anymore but you'll live in my heart" I said patting the left side of my chest.

Alex
i was a bit surprised that I did not see the child at all, since we arrived, i mean, i don't really care about what she is doing, but then again I was always curious.