30

Olivia

we stayed the night over at the becker's, and while dozing off to sleep, I felt myself beginning to tear up.

my eyes began to sting, and I was quick to rush to Claire's bathroom, and splashed some water to my face.

I kept having nightmares, the same ones, over and over. I wanted to get rid of the nightmare, all of it.

"Olivia? hey you good?" Claire asks, and I was surprised to see her awake, "yeah! I caught something in my eyes" I convinced, Claire didn't push it any further, as she returns back to her bed.

I quietly exit Claire's bedroom, and I saw that the bedroom dad is staying in was dark, so dad must be sleeping.

i tiptoe to the guest bedroom, and I hadn't bothered in knocking, I assumed dad would be sleeping away on the bed.

"...dad?" i was surprised to just see him leaning against the wall, sitting on the floor...

"sweetie..?" dad also is surprised to see me, just from the way he responded I could tell he was crying.

"oh my god. dad! are you okay?" i was quick to rush to his side, it was like what I was feeling just vanished.

"sweetie, why are you up at this hour?" dad completely ignores my question, as he scoots over so I can sit next to him.

"dad. answer my question" i say, and dad sighs, "I'm alright. just having sleeping problems" dad explains, i didn't believe that.

I took the silence as my cue to answer, "i was having nightmares" i mumbled, "mhm? you want to talk about it" dad questions

"it's my brother. he did things to me.." I begin to say, trailing off, then suddenly dad's entire body posture and vibes completely switched.

"what kind of things." dad asks, firmly like he was ready to go kill someone.

"..dad" i was ashamed.

"I love you, sweetie. remember that, I just want to know so I can help you." dad explains, "..he kissed me on the lips... then touched me on my ..." i looked away, not meeting dad's eyes, even though our eyes got adjusted to the darkness, and with the moonlight beaming down, illuminating the room.

dad helps me stand up to my feet, as he holds my hand, giving me a reassuring kiss on the forehead, "you're safe. okay? nobody is going to hurt you." he murmurs, as I hug him.

"where did he touch you, princess?" dad begins to say, and my lips began to quiver as I think about how he grabbed my breasts.

"..here" i pointed in the general direction of where, since it was awkward to just say it.

It was really silent, and I couldn't even read dad's expression.

he was so quiet, but I did notice he stopped stroking the strands of my hair that were in my face.

"Thank you for telling me." dad eventually says.

dad let me sleep in the bed, but he went off somewhere, and I didn't know where he went to, but I fell asleep.

it was exhausting after crying, however just being in dad's presence I am able to fall asleep with ease.

Alex

red. all I saw was red.

It took immense self control not to throw the closet thing to me, and that happened to be my daughter, so I had to guide her to the bed I was planning to sleep in.

but since she told me, I had to blow off some massive steam.

she was swift to fall asleep, just the touch of hitting the soft mattress, she was out like a light.