22

Olivia-

It felt like a dream, suddenly everything was changing, we were anticipating on Vivian coming back then now we're in the middle of a divorce? life really is strange, I couldn't wrap my head around that, this has ought to be the most confusing year of my life, I get adopted, I hate it then I love it, and now I'm just confused.

I had been escorted to the car I quietly slid into the backseat and during the entire ride I didn't say anything, the reason why is because  I am emitted to going to the Becker's and I am happy to see claire

Dad has said the proceedings will take like five hours or so depending on cooperation, I wasn't able to see Vivian again since dad brought me home.

I had arrived at the Becker's and I hurried inside the building and Claire was there to greet me, "Hey! Livia" she says waving to me, which I waved back.

I explained to her what happened and now I couldn't help but feel jealous that Claire's newly adoptive parents are still married, why couldn't mine stay married? why am I so unlucky..

maybe it's my family's karma for killing innocent people, Is this what it meant to be cursed with the Casanova's blood running through me...

what if my brother really isn't dead? What if my brother is safe and alive ... but if that's the case why didn't he come back for me? That's stupid my brother is clearly dead, he has to be. Wouldn't he?

However if he was alive then I would go to him in a heartbeat, then what of Alex?

I never felt so much guilt in my life, I hope my brother isn't alive, which sounds cruel to say but then I'll be in a tight pickle, or so I think.

****************

Dinner at the Becker's was amazing like usual, me and Claire had decided to just chill and listen to music, "so what do you think will happen?" Claire asks propping herself above me on her bed which I looked up from the bed i was sitting on, she had a Bunk Bed and for some reason she wants two places to sleep? "I don't know... why can't I be a normal family" I said with a hint of whininess to my tone of voice, "well being rich has it's cons" she simply says sighing, which caught my attention, I knew that Claire never liked sharing her past, and that she tries to run from it... "Claire not to be rude but weren't you like always poor?" I asked not trying to sound snotty but it's a fact or at least I think unless she isn't telling me something? "Olivia I know but what I meant is, being rich isn't all that lovey dovey, sure you get everything you ever wanted but in the end, everyone is fake, because the moment you don't have money, see who walks out on you" she explains which leaves me stunned, this is the same Claire who never gets deep into stuff and is giving me a heart to heart conversation about how being rich isn't all that.

I blinked twice before I fully understood, "I thought being rich was fun and that no one gets in your way" I said dumbfoundly, "look Olivia, being rich is fun that is until people are out for your money and not for you, imagine if you die then would people really want you alive? no, because you have that much of money that would go to them" she continues, finally it clicked.

Poor people may have it harder but when it comes to having friends, it's for life, as for the rich it's only temporary, because nothing gold can stay *Robert Frost Poem*

The discussion had ended and we situated ourselves to bed then my mind kept on thinking about the divorce, and the thoughts of my Xavy... being alive, no it creeped me out because if he was wouldn't he want to see  me? His baby sister? I tossed to the other side and just stared at the wall, soon darkness overtook me.

Alex

The building I entered was a fine and polished firm, they had white pillars at the front while marble flooring, my shoes clicked on the floors as I followed my Attorney into a beautiful office size room yet spacious with lava lamps flowing down, "Mister Black" my Attorney says as he sets his briefcase down onto his desk, "Wallace, I'd like to finalize the divorce" I said confidently, but some parts of me hated the thought of leaving Vivian, I loved her, and I don't think I'll ever stop loving her, sure it broke me when she was talking with her ex but I guess we all suffer a bitter relationship some point in our lives, I only hope Olivia doesn't make the same mistakes, I am personally fine with her being friends with people of the opposite sex, but most of them end up dating or being friends with benefits which isn't good either.