3

Before it was show time Calum approached Luke handing him a tan paper bag, Luke took it attempting to peek inside of it.

"When I was home I found some old shirts in the back of my closet that don't fit like they used to and I thought of you and how you need them more than I do." Luke thought it was a kind gesture, heading to the bathroom once again, changing into a red silk button down shirt. He liked the feelings of it, he liked how light and airy it felt. It was probably one of the most comfortable shirts he ever worn.

He was so thankful.

Calum introduced him again, and the place erupted into a loud wave of cheers and claps and Luke went back on the stage quickly getting into it trying to keep everyone interested.

He started off the night with a cover of the song "Use Somebody" by the Kings of Leon, and after that he kept taking request after request.

That became his thing after that night.

He decided to not have a plan after that he would just ask random people for song requests and would wing it hoping he knew all the words and most of the time he did.

He liked the feedback he continually got. He liked how friendly the patrons were to him he liked how for a few hours a night he felt like he never had to worry about anything again.

Calum continued to provide him meals free of charge, he continued to pay for his hotel room, he even took him shopping one afternoon letting him pick out some new outfits and some comfortable fitting shoes making the performances a little more worth his while.

When he rehearsed during the day occasionally he caught himself looking outside the big windows staring at the bench across the way, he just couldn't get over the fact that just a few weeks ago he was fighting the elements out there begging for money and food and now he has a job that he's hoping that will open up more doors for him later on.

But there was a night where Luke walked to the counter sitting down, his feet and ankles killing him and he called Sabrina to get him some ice. He removed his boots (which he was obsessed with to say the least) and attempted to balance the bag of ice on his ankle, they just never hurt this bad till he decided to look closer realizing his ankles and feet were swollen and the slightest pressure hurt.

It never got to this point and he knew Sabrina was standing behind the counter watching him concerned as he tried to stand up more than once.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Luke nodded and he just wanted her to get Calum and she disappeared somewhere in the back coming back with Calum a few minutes later who was confused to what was happening.

"Are you injured? What happened? Will you be able to do the show in a few hours?" Calum through all different kinds of questions at him and that's when Luke started to shake.

Calum waited for an answer as he zoned out thinking about what he witnessed a few weeks ago when he saw Luke on the floor huffing and puffing to himself.

"I think I'm good." Luke said attempting to stand up again, wincing and falling back into the stool. The few customers who were in the restaurant just watched the whole ordeal from afar.

"Let me help you." Calum jumped in making Luke throw his arm around Calum and Calum supported his torso helping him hobble all the way to the back room where Calum sat him down in his office chair.

Luke's whole demeanor changed again and he noticed his cheeks turning red and him breathing heavier again.

He thought it was odd and he rushed out grabbing a glass of water hoping it would help.