31

Chapter 31

When Luke woke up the next day he heard sniffling and when he turned over he saw Sabrina curled up in the blankets crying to herself.

"Babe what's wrong?"he petted her shoulder trying to get what was wrong out of her.

"M-my m-mom called me in the middle of the night and she t-told m-me that my g-great grandmother passed last night." She started to cry some more.

"Oh Sabrina I'm so sorry."

Sabrina's great grandmother Rosie was a seamstress in her younger days and babysit Sabrina a lot when she was little. Sabrina loved hanging around her and seeing her get older broke her heart.

Especially after she started having issues taking care of herself, became wheelchair bound and had to move into a nursing home.

Luke didn't meet her until the wedding and he thought she was the sweetest and down to earth old woman ever. She had gifted them a family heirloom which they now have on display in their living room.

Rosie was 98 years old when she passed from old age, she lived a long and happy life  it was going to be a bit weird now that she's gone but luke promised to be at Sabrina's side and help her through this difficult time.

the funeral rolled around a few days later, the place packed with relatives and friends, a lot of them Sabrina has not seen in years and alot that were unable to make her wedding.

Luke met a chunk of them for the first time. He loved hearing all different stories about dear old Rosie from different people, it made him feel like he known her for entire life.

He was there for Sabrina the entire time, hugging her and squeezing her hand, letting her cry it out on her shoulder. Loosing relatives, especially grandparents were always a hard thing.

Luke was a child when he lost both sets of his grandparents and it was the biggest heart break he's ever had considering he was close with them and bonded more with them than his own parents. It was also the time where he grieved the longest so that's how he was able to understand Sabrina's pain.

After the funeral, Sabrina's Aunt Sophie was hosting a celebration of Rosie's life at her house, there was lots of food and music and everyone made a plate and made some drinks and sat down, chatting some more. Having all this family around was much needed especially a time like this. It eased the pain, it proved that Rosie's life meant something to everybody standing in that house, and that her memory will live on for decades to come.

When it was dessert time Luke let Sabrina go ahead of him on the line, grabbing three different cookies and a brownie sitting back down, Luke doing the same a couple of minutes after.

Sabrina sampled everything while she was continuing on her conversation with a few of her cousins before coughing really hard prompting Luke to jump up giving his wife something to drink, that didn't help and she continued to cough, basically choking at this point and everyone panicked getting up and surrounding her "I c-can't b-breathe!" Her lips and face were all puffy — her aunt coming to the rescue with an epi pen realizing her niece In anaphylactic shock from something she ate stabbing her in the leg with the medicine, her airways opening immediately.

She gripped onto Luke breathing heavily as some other relatives dialed 9-1-1. Luke was frightened gripping tightly onto his wife — the paramedics arrived fast and Sabrina was taken to  a local hospital, Luke at her side the entire time.

This was the first time Sabrina had any medical issues and witnessing a deadly allergic reaction was something so unexpected.

Luke held Sabrina's hand as they waited around for several hours until a doctor finally come into the room quickly introducing himself explaining that they had confirmation that Sabrina had an allergic reaction to peanuts and that she needed to avoid them from now on and carry an epi pen.

They wanted to monitor her for a few extra hours just to make sure but that was a huge relief.

Apparently allergies can just happen and develop randomly they're just thankful that they were able to act quickly and able to find out the cause.

After that hospital stay everything was all good until Sabrina was at work one day filling in for someone at the front desk, someone had called Luke around midday saying Sabrina had developed a rash and was wheezing on and off and Luke rushed over.

Sabrina being adamant that she was fine and Luke was a bit uptight over the fact that she didn't tell him about it earlier but she didn't want to worry him.

Her drove her to urgent care where they ran more allergy tests not finding anything but diagnosing her with asthma giving her an inhaler and a cream for the rash.

Luke insisted on her to stay home from work for a few days where he kept a sharp on her, being wary of potential allergens and watching her as she slept to make sure she wasn't wheezing or anything. He felt bad, hoping that all of this was a one time thing and that she would be okay.

All Luke was hoping and praying for that this extra stress wouldn't stress him out and cause more problems he tried to relax in between everything to stay on the safe side.