15

Luke walked up to the restaurant early and he saw Greg (the hostess) outside cleaning the outdoor tables and chairs.

Luke stopped saying hi before walking up to the door to open it.

"Sabrina called into work? Man, when will she quit being a cry baby." Greg blurted out cleaning one of the tables to the left of Luke. Luke stopped doing a double take.

"What did you say?" He was just trying to get clarification that he hurt that sentence correctly.

"When will Sabrina quit crying about this whole CPR and having to say someone's life thing? I swear she cries over everything it's a not big deal." Greg snickered again and Luke walked toward him trying to get him to react.

"Ugh the girl needs serious therapy, I mean a few years ago Michael's cat died from old age and she wouldn't stop sobbing over it for days. She needs to move on." Luke's blood started to boil over one of his 'co workers' bad mouthing his best friend.

"Shut your mouth!" Luke raised his voice stepping closer and closer to Greg who kept moving around cleaning the tables and chairs, Luke wanted him to shut his mouth.

"Don't talk about her that way! There's nothing wrong with her being empathetic toward other people and You have no idea what she's been through." Luke shot back hoping he would back off now.

"I swear Sabrina just milks everything for attention it's tiring." Luke got closer to Greg at this point knocking the cleaning supplies and a few chairs over, he stopped looking up laughing slightly.

"You don't scare me like you think you do, Hemmings." He snickered and Luke just kept on getting madder.

"Take everything you said about Sabrina back! Take it all back! Don't talk about her!" Luke demanded and Greg thought Luke was being all talk.

"And of course Sabrina can't be grown up enough to defend herself she's gotta send her group out to fight for her so lame." Luke knocked over another table, practically seething at this point.

"Again, you don't scare me." And that was it, Luke grabbed onto Greg pushing him against the glass window now all up in his face.

"I warned you!" Luke yelled pinning Greg against the glass trying to send a message that he will kick his ass.

"Say her name again I dare you."

Greg smirked, as Luke held his upper body against the glass trying to pin him down.

"Sabrina's a joke and so are you." And that was it Luke flung him to the ground and started punching him. He even flung is body into a table. Greg didn't even try to fight back he still thought the whole thing was a joke.

Luke was huffing and buffing as he did all different kinds of stuff until he was practically out of energy, trying to catch his breath.

Greg was on the ground, bruised up with some visible cuts on his face and he didn't know what to do with him self.

Luke stood up pointed at him, "next time I won't be so easy on your ass. You better watch your self." Luke walked away trying to breathe normally. He and so much adrenaline and he was pissed off.

Instead of walking into the restaurant he turned around heading back to the apartment back on foot where everyone stared at him.

When he got back to the apartment Ashton was already gone and he threw his keys onto the table before walking down the hallway to the kitchen, he passed by a mirror in the hall and he quickly noticed the blood stains on the collar of his shirt. He put two and two together realizing that's why he had eyes on him the whole way home.

He went to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water opening it taking a huge sip before shutting the fridge and going back into the living room.

He sat down on the middle of the sofa flicking on the tv where he flipped through the channels for a long time.

Just when he finally landed on something new there was a loud knock on the door and he proceeded to ignore it.

Then a couple of seconds later there was another knock. He ignored it again.

Then a third knock followed by "Police open up!" Luke had no choice at this point and he got up heading over to the front door where he twisted the knob opening it.

Upon opening the door there were two police officers standing on the door step looking in his eyes.

"Are you Luke Hemmings?" The officer on the right asked and Luke just kept looking back and fourth.

"Are you him?" The other officer questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did you have a confrontation with a co worker named Greg earlier today?"
Luke nodded, slightly biting his lip.

"Yeah I did, what's this inference to?"

"He filed a report claiming you got physical first. He had signs of physical injury according to the paramedic who assessed him so I'm afraid he's pressing charges for aggravated assault." Luke gulped this time not saying a word.

"Sir can you please step outside." The other officer asked and Luke walked down a couple of steps and the officers backed up a bit.

"Sir please turn around." One of them said and Luke turned around and then he felt cuffs being attached to his wrists.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" Both officers talked in unison and Luke said nothing as they read him his rights as they tightened the cuffs. He was shocked just grunting as they walked him to the car where they shoved him in.

As they transported Luke down to the local precinct, Calum was just arriving at the restaurant seeing all the mess out in front. He also noticed the crime tape.

One of the shop owners flagged him down, telling him everything.

Calum was so mad, like so so mad.

When Luke got to the precinct the brought him into a private room where they searched him, made him change, took his finger prints, took mugshots and registered him before putting him in a holding cell with other guys.

Luke did not say a word the entire time he just kept his anger and shock all bottled up.

He didn't believe this was happening. He didn't think what he did t Greg was so bad. He also was still trying to figure out why he antagonized him in the first place.

Luke sat awhile on the cold concrete floor before a guard came up to him. "You get one phone call make it quick." The guard explained handing him a quarter and escorting him over to the pay phones.

Luke inhaled deeply, "who am I gonna call?" He asked him self several times before finally placing the quarter in the money slot before dialing the number.

it rang once, it rang twice. "Cmon pick up! Pick up!" He whispered he was just hoping for an answer. After all, he only had one shot at this.