19

A few weeks later

The morning alarm went off and Sabrina reached over tapping it to turn it off. "Luke, cmon we gotta get up! We can't be late" luke grunted as he pulled Sabrina close to him again.

"Last night was so amazing." He whispered trying to not giggle so much as he eyes were opening and closing adjusting to the bright sunlight.

He kept his arms around Sabrina who was trying to pull herself out of the bed.

"I agree. I just wanted to make sure we did it a final time because I don't know how the next few months are going to play out."

Luke didn't want to move he just wanted to keep Sabrina in his arms and imagine what happened the night before.

He's been dreading this day for a long time, there are so many possibilities and scenarios and he was worried about the outcome would be. He was thankful that Christine tried to prepare him as much as she could but in the end it wasn't her choice to make the final decision on the case.

"Luke what are you doing? It's already 8:05AM"

"I'm taking in the moment.. I don't know when it will be the next time that I will be able to do this. Let me savor the moment."
Sabrina finally peeled Luke's arms off of herself and she climbed off the bed now standing next to it staring at Luke.

"Can you stop messing around? Stop acting like I'm dying. Go get ready and fix your hair."

He laughed a little, "what are you my mother?" He asked sarcastically now Sabrina had her hands on her hips clearly not enthused with his game.

"No but I feel like I'm the only one who's taking this hearing seriously unlike you, if you wait around any longer you're gonna show up shirtless with freaky sex hair. That'll definitely turn heads in the courtroom and the jury will be like, 'yep, lock this dude up'".

Luke sighed and Sabrina's words before throwing all the blankets onto floor before standing up.

"See I'm up Sabrina." He joked, yawning and  Sabrina rolled her eyes leaving the room.

"Where are you going?"

"THE BATHROOM."

In the end the two of them got ready and got to the courthouse with about ten minutes to spare, nearly giving Sabrina's cousin, Christine a heart attack.

They were now standing in the court room, the jury getting all prepared, Sabrina decided she would sit directly behind luke as moral support, Ashton came in sitting next to Sabrina (Luke didn't know he was coming) and what took them by surprise the most was Calum came in with two minutes to spare, not talking to anyone but sat in between Luke's side and Gregs side.

Sabrina side eyed him for a couple of seconds and Calum wouldn't even look in her direction. She wanted to say something to him so bad but she didn't want to get kicked out.

The judge came in looking all around the room, the chatter stopped, the bailiff asked for everyone to rise and they did until the judge told them to take a seat.

"This is case number 8329 Hemmings Vs Covington: the plaintiff alleges that the defendant here (the judge pointed at Greg then Luke) allegedly physically assaulted him on March 31st of this year — can Mr Covington please tell the court on what happened that day." Judge Johnson introduced the case then let Greg have the floor where he stood up clearing his throat and Luke was already annoyed about having to sit through this.

"Thank you Judge Johnson. I would be happy to tell you on what happened. On the morning of the date mentioned I was at my place of work, 'Calum's Sports Bar & Grill', outside on the premises where I was prepping the outdoor tables when Mr Hemmings approached me. It started as a casual co worker to co worker conversation which then escalated to an argument which then upgraded to a physical fight."