13

It took a few days for it to sink into Sabrina and Luke that they finally both admitted their true feelings to one another and took their relationship to another level.

It was something neither one of them thought would never happen.

The two of them also promised to keep everything on a down low, Calum had a strict policy about works having relationships with one another so just decided to divert back to how they were prior to the surgery.

Sabrina and Amy were stacking glasses on the bar when the door opened and Luke walked in.

"Hey." He said stopping at the bar smiling really big. Amy stopped, surprised to see him.

"It's so nice to finally see you. You're looking great." She complimented holding a glass in each hand.

Sabrina was a couple of feet away from Amy trying to act normal, trying to mask her feelings.

"What's with the surgical masks?" He questioned scratching his head.

"We're wearing them for you. It's still flu season and we don't want to get you sick. Calum enacted a mask policy and said all workers and patrons have to wear a mask. Nobody wants to take any chances." Amy explained and Luke was a bit confused to why Calum would make a rule like that because of him.

"Are you sure that it's gonna work?"

"I hope so. There's no reason why it shouldn't."

Luke went ahead and walked over to the stage adjusting the microphone trying to get back into his normal routine prior to everything that had happened.

Amy and Sabrina kept pulling out glasses and organizing everything; Sabrina being a bit more helpful because she didn't want to be caught staring at Luke.

Luke messed around walking back and fourth singing humming random lyrics to random songs that randomly came to his head. He did it a bunch of times thinking about what songs he was going to do that night.

Calum walked in from the back, he got startled for a moment because he wasn't expecting Luke to be there especially not after only being home from the hospital for three days.

He adjusted his mask before walking over to Luke.

"It's great to see you up and about. I wasn't expecting you so soon." Luke stopped when he heard Calums voice.

"It has been really boring, especially since I've been sitting and doing nothing. Plus I got clearance from the doctors saying that it's okay to go back to working." Luke smiled at the end of his sentence.

Calum was impressed at his recovery and how he appeared to have way more energy now. All of it a very good sign.

"That's good to hear, I can't wait to see what you come up with later." Calum let him continue doing what he was doing and left to go do something else.

Later that night the place was packed, every table filled with people. The kitchen was slammed with orders as well as the bar — Luke waited in the back room (Calum's orders) because he told him he needed to wait for his cue.

Calum squeezed through the people and tables making his way to the front where the stage was were he tapped on the mic a few times waiting for the chatter to die down.

"Thank you everyone, thank you! Thank you for coming down tonight it's always amazing seeing some familiar faces and being able to serve the usuals to our amazing regulars!" Calum started his introduction looking out into the sea of people in front of him.

"As a lot of you know, this is only our third night back. We have been closed for quite some time because of a very important reason." Calum paused making the mood a hit suspenseful.