12

Luke spent a total of fifteen days in the hospital. He made a remarkable recovery impressing everybody.

Sabrina and Calum tried to come around as much as they could and Luke appreciated the effort. He knew that they had lives of their own and that they were busy but he thought it was a nice gesture.

On the day Luke got discharged from the hospital, Ashton volunteered to take him home. Ashton was surprised that Luke was able to maneuver with little to no help.

Ashton wanted to help him into the passenger seat of the car but Luke said No repeatedly and Ashton eventually gave up.

Apart of the reason why Ashton kept on insisting was because he still felt guilty for originally getting him sick. Ashton even apologized non stop but Luke said it was no big deal.

All Luke cared about was that he was finally home, finally in his own room and bed and that it was quiet. All the noise from the other roommate and patients kept him awake most of the time and it was becoming bothersome.

Luke finally settled in, and Ashton stepped out to get some things from the pharmacy along with some takeout from the local Italian place he liked.

Luke loved the silence finally taking it all in.

Later on, there was a knock at the door, he responded with "come in" Ashton had a takeout container in his hands and appearing behind him was Sabrina holding a bag.

Ashton gave Luke his food than excused himself out, then Sabrina took a seat at the edge of Luke's bed. His face lit up seeing her.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for not helping you come home. The boss was getting a delivery at work and I had to help Amy and the others with it." She crossed her legs and placed her bag on the floor beside her while looking at him.

"It's no problem, Ashton was fine, it's all good." He smiled softly at her.

"How's the restaurant been? Anything interesting happening?"

"We actually shut down for a long period time. We were so focused on you and making sure you were okay that Calum decided we would closed down for a bit. Today is actually our first day back." Sabrina explained looking all over at Luke.

"Oh I didn't realize how much this whole situation affected everyone. I didn't realize how everyone put their lives on hold for me, it really wasn't necessary." Luke's words set Sabrina off and she went from looking at him to down at her lap beginning to sniffle.

"Hey now, I didn't mean it like that. You know that I appreciate all the love and care everyone has given me, it's just I'm not used to all this attention." He spoke softly and calmly trying to not sound like a jerk.

"Why is it so hard for you to grasp that people adore you? And want the best for you?"

"Because I was never popular amongst people, didn't have many friends, was always last in my family.. it always felt like I was apart of a popularity contest. I never felt like I belonged with anyone." Luke never admitted this to anybody.

"Well you need to stop feeling that way because you belong with us.. everyone down at the restaurant and me. Don't talk down to yourself." Sabrina continued to speak in whispers to keep herself from spiraling.

"I belong with you?" He questioned while smirking.

"Well yeah, why wouldn't you?"

"I never told you this because I never knew how to say it but I think I fell for you the first moment I saw you nearly three years ago." Sabrina got nervous biting her lip, and Luke looked at a bit surprised.