20

Luke rode out his thirty day sentence, he was relieved when he finally reached the thirty day mark and was told he was free to go.

Seeing Sabrina at the entrance gave him the best feeling, he ran up to her picking her up and spinning her around extremely ecstatic to finally be able to touch her and feel her love.

He only got to see her a few times throughout the last few weeks and he was counting down the days and hours until he was finally able to kiss her again.

He kissed her a bunch of times until she finally was able to stop him and motion him to the car. She sat in the drivers side looking and giggling at him before putting the key into the ignition she was just so thrilled to finally have him home and all to herself again.

"How does it feel to finally be a free man?" She broke the giggles finally turning the car on preparing to pull out of the parking space.

"It's amazing. I have been counting down every moment until now." Luke was so head over heels for Sabrina that he couldn't stop smirking as he talked to her watching her try to pull out of the parking spot and out of the parking lot.

"I'm sorry that Calum didn't stick up for you when he should've." Sabrina spoke when there was a bit of a silence, Luke was looking out the window now biting his lip it was clear his mood shifted when he heard Calum's name.

"It doesn't matter any more. No matter what he says or what he does that won't take back those thirty annoying ass days." Luke went back to biting his bottom lip as soon as he was done talking.

"How are you not angry with him, Luke? He has made so many promises to you and spoke so highly of you all the time and THIS, is how he repays you? If you're not going to be angry then I'm going to be angry for you." Sabrina did have a point, Calum was going out of his way to help Luke, just a mere stranger he met over three years ago and then he backstabs him out of the blue.

"He's not exactly a promise keeper, Sabrina. He's hurt me multiple times and I always forgave because I always felt like he meant well." The mood shifted from this giggle fest to this serious ambiance in the matter of minutes.

"He hurt you? When? Why?" Sabrina finally able to make contact with her boyfriend at the traffic light and Luke was a bit surprised that she didn't know this.

"In the beginning of this friendship or whatever you like to refer to it as, he kept telling me that he would look after me, make sure I had a place to stay, make sure I had enough food and just generally be there for me. Then the fire happened, and he promised me he would come around to check on me, to help me, if I needed help and he came around once and never called or came back and left me. I was so stupid to believe that we were friends when clearly it was all about convenience to him. He made me loose my stability, my safety net and he was the reason why I was on the street."
Sabrina let out a long sigh hearing all of this as she continued to drive down the road.

"I am so sorry, Luke. He doesn't deserve you." Sabrina felt bad, Luke never fully explained that time in his life he just sort of ignored it and put it on the back burner.

"His bottomless promises and his actions cut so deep that I still think about it to this day. Yet I went ahead and forgave him when I shouldn't have. I should've realized my worth and not accepted anymore favors from him." Luke sighed at the end of his sentence.

"The problem with Calum is that he always bites off more than he can chew and is in a constant battle with trying to impress everyone and do as much as he can for everyone and then he can't handle it and he knows he can't handle it and him backing out of things screws everything up and hurts people. In the seven years I have known him I don't think he's ever truly learnt a lesson, he's not that self aware. And no I'm not sticking up for him."