5: Confusion

(This is going to be either short one or a rubbish one as I have no time at the moment to write, but I thought it would be better than nothing! Please vote and comment- it's what keeps me writing- C xx)

It had been twenty four hours, I heard the nurse say. Since the operation was over and they realised I was in a coma. The odds of me waking up were getting smaller every hour I lay here, and all I wanted to do was cry. What if they thought I couldn't wake up? What if they just thought I died?

The door creaked and I heard the footsteps I had come to associate with Dr Shepherd, my neurosurgeon. Dr Karev had been in for a while, and I heard him leave, the lengthy, heavy strides tapping on that awful slightly gritty flooring.
He came and sat in the chair beside my bed.
'Right,' he said, 'I think you can hear me, Lola. Can you wiggle your toes for me?'
I tried, but to no avail.
'Your fingers?' I tried to wiggle my left hand fingers but again I couldnt. Then I tried my right hand, and I felt my heart race as Dr Shepherd said. 'Okay, I saw your thumb move. It was tiny, Lola, but it moved. So now I know you can hear us. I'll bring Dr Torres in for you.'
I wiggled my thumb again and he squeezed my hand and left. Soon afterwards, Dr Torres came in.
'So, kid,' she said, 'Shepherd said you moved so you can hear us. That's great, but you do actually need to wake up.'
I would've laughed... if I wasn't in a coma. That kind of made it hard.
I tried hard to force my eyes open. It was like Dr Torres read my mind.
'Don't try and wake up yet. You need to rest and this is your body trying to sort itself out. Wait a couple hours. Then try. Believe it or not, it'll overexert you. I've gotta go break some bones, so I'll get someone in to talk to you. Bye kid.'
Her footsteps, those I had come to recognise as fairly heavy and quite short with a toe-heel tapping sound, faded away down the corridor.
To be honest, I was bored now. Not being able to do anything sucked. Plus I was becoming increasingly aware of the tubes sticking out of me everywhere. As well as one down my throat...

I panicked as I heard Dr Grey-Shepherd enter with light, quick but flat footsteps. I didn't like having this tube stuck down my throat.
'Hey, Dr Bailey!' she yelled, 'She's fighting the intubation! She's waking up! Can you get me an intern?'

500 reads guys?! INSANE! This is officially my most read Wattpad story! Love you- C xx