11: Where Do I Begin?

'Why are they here?' I asked Dr Torres as she came in to take my blood for another test. I swear I thought I was going to run out of blood they took it so often.
She just shrugged. 'Shepherd's talking to them now. I'm not sure what they want, but they're definitely here for you.'
I buried my head in my hands. 'You can't let them take me back, Callie.'
She'd insisted I call her by her first name, as Dr Robbins and Dr Grey-Shepherd had. They'd all seemed to take a liking to me, although I didn't know why.
'I won't let them take you,' said Callie, smiling gently, 'And anyways, I don't think social services would either. You've clearly been abused, so they can't have you. Legally.'
I sighed. 'I sure hope not.'

Dr Shepherd strode in, biting his lip.
I stared at him nervously. The ward around me went silent and Hope flashed me a reassuring smile.
Shepherd gestured towards a wheelchair. 'Come on, Lola,' he said, 'I think it's time we had a chat.'
Dr Torres smiled and moved onto another kid, and Dr Shepherd pushed me down the hall to one of the meeting rooms. He saw my nervous looks and read my mind. 'No, I'm not taking you to them.'
I relaxed. 'Good.'
He pushed me into a meeting room where the social services worker Mrs Garcia, Dr Grey-Shepherd and Dr Robbins were waiting with seemingly forced smiles. I glanced at them.
'So, Lola,' Mrs Garcia said, calmly, as Dr Shepherd moved my wheelchair to the large meeting table and sat down at it himself, 'We're going to need to ask a few questions.'
I bit my lip, but Dr Robbins shot me a reassuring smile.
'What kind of questions?' I asked, almost whispering.
'What happened, and what you want to happen from this point onwards,' said Dr Shepherd, calmly, 'We're set to discharge you this week, and we can't keep you here forever. So we need to here your side of everything.'
I sighed. 'Where do I begin?'

Hope that was okay guys- I'm very excited for what's to come! Please vote and comment, it's what keeps me writing, and thanks so much for reading. Much love- C xx