𝟎𝟎𝟔 Very Superstitious

Full Moon (Creepy AF).

chapter six , Very Superstitious

━━━━━━━━━━

Emery walks into her kitchen and opens the freezer. She grabs the pint of ice cream and sits on the bar stool at her island. Emery grabs a spoon and eats some of the ice cream. She hears footsteps and her eyes shift to the raven-haired man.

"You're eating ice cream? Without me?" William grabs a spoon and makes his way over to her. He stands between Emery's legs and eats some of the ice cream.

"So, full moon's tomorrow." Emery says. "I've got a loooong night."

William pulls his brows together. "It's a 24 hour shift...don't you always work 24 hours?"

"I mean, yeah, but full moons are when people are at their most...ferocious." Emery explains.

William raises his brows and chuckles. "Ferocious?"

Emery nods, "Yeah, I mean, whether it's violently or sexually. Their ferocious." She sputters. "One time Chim and Hen had to get a couple...unstuck from each other."

"How...does that happen exactly?"

Emery shrugs, "Don't ask me, man..."

William traces Emery's bare thigh and goosebumps forms across her skin. Emery swipes her tongue across her lower lip. "So...about that ferocious full moon thing—"

"It's not the full moon, yet." Emery shakes her head. "Keep it in your pants..." she looks at the boxers he was in and arches a brow. "...boxers." She corrects herself.

"Do we really need a full moon to have sex?"

Emery looks at the ice cream. "Nope, but...we already had sex. And I'm kind of tired." She tilts her head up to him.

William eats some of the ice cream, "No worries." He kisses her forehead. "I'll get my stuff."

Emery raises her brows, "Well, you can stay the night. If you want."

William pulls his face back and looks at her. "Really?"

Emery nods her head. "Yeah. Of course."

William hasn't slept over at Emerson's house. Ever. So, her suggesting for him to stay the night was the step forward in the right direction for their relationship. Emery puts the lid onto the ice cream and places it back in the freezer where it previously was.