𝟎𝟐𝟐 Good. Not Great

Let Go.

Chapter twenty two , Good

Chapter twenty two , Good. Not Great

a/n : this chapter is the second episode of season one. I put this episode off since it's important to the development of Emery and Buck's relationship.

━━━━━━━━━━

"So, you guys are really not dating?"

Maddie pushes her food around, her eyes avoiding Emery as much as possible. The brunette knew that as soon as she met Emery's eyes, the girl would figure the truth out. And Maddie was not ready for that yet. Emery huffs, "You're no fun." She takes a bite out of her French Toast.

Maddie smirks, "I'll make a deal with you..."

Emery raises her brows, interested. "I'm listening."

"I'll tell you about Chim and I, if you tell me who gave you those hickeys."

Emery's heart drops into her stomach and her face gets hot. "Wh-what?" She slaps her hands over her neck. "What hickeys?"

"I'll give you a hint, they're not on your neck." Maddie arches a brow.

Emery's mouth hangs open. Maddie takes a bite out of her salad, "Next time, you shouldn't wear a v-neck shirt if you've been getting busy."

Emery snaps her eyes down to her chest and sees a hickey on her collarbone. There were two more across her chest.

"Okay, 1. Who says that? "Getting busy"? And 2. I didn't know he—"

"Aha! So, they're a he!" Maddie points her fork at the girl. Emery looks away from Maddie. "Shit."

"Shit is right, Emerson Sharpe. You've been caught, now spill." Maddie tilts her head.

Emery rolls her lips into her mouth. She couldn't tell Maddie that she was sleeping with her brother. Especially since everyone knows that they don't like each other. It would involve so much explaining and Emery wouldn't be able to do that without feeling embarrassed.

"Uh, okay..." Emerson clears her throat. She takes a sip of her water. "The he is..."

"Wait, wait." Maddie starts. "Does the he have a penis?"

Emery scratches her neck. Maddie would die if she knew she was talking about Buck. "Uh, y-yes..."

"Okay. Now what's his name?"