𝟎𝟐𝟒 Temperatures Rising

Emery Begins.

chapter twenty four , Temperatures Rising

a/n : If you've watched Station 19, you'll recognize the call of this episode is from 1x09, Hot Box.

━━━━━━━━━━

Then

"Okay, that's-that's cute!"

Helena shakes her head and a loud but warm laugh escapes her lips which causes Emery's heart to jump into her throat. But it was a good jump. The 16 year old looks back down at her camera. The two teenagers have been friends for almost a year now. Ever since Emery took pictures of Helena and her family, Helena volunteered to be Emery's (free) model. Helena was so interested in Emerson's dream to becoming a photographer, it was all the Sharpe girl talked about.

And Helena was going to help her in making that dream a reality.

"I feel like an idiot." Helena says leaning her arm against the brick wall. Emery deadpans, "Have I ever steered you wrong?"

Helena rolls her lips into her mouth and focuses her eyes back on the camera.

After taking pictures, Helena and Emery went to get ice cream. Helena had birthday cake flavor while Emery had vanilla.

"Your flavor sounds fun."

"Well, yeah—it's like a pop, y'know?" Helena wiggles her fingers in Emery's face. The Sharpe girl pulls her face back and giggles softly. "Well, now mine just sounds boring."

Helena shakes her head, "You like the basics. That's not boring." Her arm brushes against Emery's. Emery feels her face grow hot. She rolls her lips into her mouth and Lois at the ground.

"I think that's kind of what makes us perfect." Helena looks at the side of Emery's face. Emery's heart jumps into her throat. Helena smirks, "I mean, makes us perfect as...friends."

Emery's beating heart dies down. Friends.

"Yeah, we're kind of perfect." Emery giggles. Helena smiles and scrunches her nose. "And don't you forget it, Emerson." She nudges the Sharpe girl, causing her to laugh.

Emery looks at Helena and her heart begins to beat even faster. "I'm really glad we're friends, Helena."

Helena giggles which practically causes Emery to melt.