𝟎𝟏𝟑 No Paradise

Help Is Not Coming.

chapter thirteen , No Paradise

a/n : Don't forget to comment, I love hearing what you guys have to say!

━━━━━━━━━━

After finally getting out of that room with Ali, the four make their way down the tilted staircase. They tried to keep Ali's mind off of what they had just witnessed, by making conversation.

"You've, uh, you've done this before, haven't you?" Buck asks.

"Yeah. It was, uh, my major at the Rhode Island School of Design." Ali quips. She shifts her eyes to Buck. "Sorry. Sarcasm is my fallback for pretty much everything."

"Oh, believe me, if anyone understands..." Eddie points between Buck and Emery. "...it's these two."

At the same time, Emery and Buck look at each other. Emery wrinkles her nose. "I have nothing in common with this man. Except our love for firefighting."

"Agreed." Buck nods.

Ali lets out a soft chuckle, but her smile then saddens. "You think he'll still be on the sidewalk when we get down there?"

The three firefighters exchange a look. Buck then shifts his attention back to Ali. "No." He answers. "And we're not going out that side, anyway."

Emery looks back at Ali and Buck. She then knits her brows together. Emery was an observer and let's just say. Those two were sharing an awful amount of eye contact. She looks at Eddie and he looks at her, noticing what she noticed.

"All right, let's hustle up, you two." Eddie speaks.

Emery huffs, "Yeah. We don't want to be here for the next aftershock."

Ali's eyes widen, "Wait, what do you mean, the next aftershock?"

Emery presses her lips together in a sympathetic manner.

"Come on."

Ali grabs Eddie's hand as she balances on the railing. He guides her across, making sure she doesn't fall.

Emery guides the three through the building. She walks down the staircase, but stops when she sees the pile of cement and rocks blocking their way. Emery slumps her shoulders. "Guys...we're not getting through this."

They all follow the girl and see what she's talking about. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me."

"Now what?"