𝟎𝟒𝟎 Sex Fixes Everything...I Think

chapter forty , Sex Fixes Everything

chapter forty , Sex Fixes Everything...I Think

a/n : *CONTENT WARNING* sexual content is shown in this chapter! skip if you're uncomfortable

━━━━━━━━━━

Flashback.

Buck hadn't been answering Emery's calls since he got back home from the hospital. Even though she wanted to be there for every step of his recovery, she knew how exhausting it was on Buck's body and mental health.

But one thing about Emery...

When she set her mind to something, she never let it go. And her mind was dead set on Evan Buckley.

The door opens, revealing the curly-haired girl. Emery brushes past Buck and enters his place.

Buck lets out a small breath and he hangs his head low. "What are you doing here, Em?"

"I ran out of food." Emery opens the fridge and grabs the cheese and lunch meat. "And you know. Cooking is just—"

"You suck at it."

Emery raises her brows. "Yeah, basically."

"And I forget to take care of my basic needs." Emery purses her lips as she makes her sandwich. "Except for my hygiene. I always care for my hygiene."

"And apparently, you don't care for either."

Emery turns to him, with her sandwich. Buck was already staring at her, a look of annoyance across his face. He had evident eye bags that were never there. His eyes were dull, which Emery understood. He didn't feel like having anyone around him.

Emery could never take a hint though. She takes a bite out of her sandwich. "Also, I figured you and I could go for a walk."

Buck deadpans, "You're being funny."

Emery pulls her brows together. "Being funny...?" She then shifts her eyes to the cast and she raises her brows. "Ohhhhh because you're on crutches. You can still walk."

"I use crutches—"

"I know, I just said that." She shakes her head. "It's still walking!" Emery says with a mouthful of sandwich. She grabs a caprisun and shakes it, asking if she can have it. Buck motions his head, telling her to go for it.

Buck makes his way over to the girl. "Look, Emerson. I appreciate you being here. But I would really like to be alone right now."

Emery hums, "I don't care." She drinks her caprisun. "I'm staying."

"Why?"

She turns back to Buck, her brown eyes meeting his. "Simple. Because you need this."

Buck shakes his head and opens his mouth to object. Emery then holds her pointer up. "You may not want to admit it, but you do."