𝟎𝟑𝟓 ...The Worst Day of Her Life

Emery Begins Again.

chapter thirty five ,

chapter thirty five , ...The Worst Day of Her Life

a/n : at the end of the last chapter, I literally started bawling my eyes out for what I have planned this season...

Prepare to cry with me 🫶

Also, I put the two tsunami episodes in the same chapter, because it was kind of short.

━━━━━━━━━━

Then.

"You cannot marry her, Emerson!"

"Why not?! I love her!" Emery runs down the stairs, her bag slung onto her shoulder. "And why do you even care? I'm old enough to make my own decisions!"

Amara's eyes blow wide, "I am still your mother, I deserve respect—"

Emery stops at the bottom of the steps and turns to her mother. "So, do I!" She snaps. "You're my mother and you deserve my respect. But I am also your daughter. You can't just...tell me to respect you when you don't respect me."

"I do respect you." Amara says.

Emery's shoulders drop. "Yeah, sure, mom." She forces out a chuckle. "That's why whenever I don't get a B + or higher, you ignore me."

"That's why whenever I actually want to have an honest conversation—catching up with you, you ended up just asking me to focus on 'important things'. Like college applications."

Tears form in Emeey's eyes and her chest tightens. This was the first time that she actually spoke up. Emery could've gone her whole life not speaking up. She was fine with her mom not respecting her and she as fine with her mom pushing her past her boundaries in order for her to be perfect.

But what Emery didn't like was her mom talking about her fiancé.

Helena and Emery had dinner with their families last night. They announced their engagement. Emery and Helena knew that their parents would be hesitant about it, but then it just spun out of control for them to handle.

Amara's argument went from "you're too young" to "it's not morally acceptable".

It was something Emery never questioned about her mother. Because no matter what differences they had, she never thought in her mind that her own mother would never support her in the choice of who she wanted to love.