𝟎𝟒𝟓 I Just Want to be Perfect

Fallout.

chapter forty-five , I Just Want to be Perfect

a/n : this episode is based on Station 19's episode of season 6 episode 8 'I Know a Place'

This chapter takes place during Season 3 Episode 9 of 911.

━━━━━━━━━━

Emery had reorganized the entire apartment.

It's not like she had anything else to do. Even if she was still working, she probably would've found time to move everything around anyway. Emery had finished washing the baseboards and moved the couch 5 times.

Emery stops washing the ceiling when she hears a knock at the door. She exhales a small breath and climbs down the ladder. Emery pads through the apartment and pulls open the door. Her body tenses at the person in front of her.

"Emerson, Hi." The man gives her a small smile. "I don't know if you remember me, but I'm--"

"Dr. Sai Martin." Emery cuts the man's introduction off.

He raises his brows, "You know my name?"

"Yeah. After you and my so-called 'team' ambushed me with you. I decided to see what I was up against." Emery inhales.

Dr. Martin tilts his head, "Up against." he slowly nods his head. "They just wanted to help you."

"Yeah, funny way of showing it." Emery forces out a chuckle. "What're you doing here?"

"I wanted to see if you would like to talk."

Emery blinks, "Talk. To you? The reason I quit is because my captain made me choose between therapy or my job."

"Well, I figured since you have nothing else to lose at this point...who could it hurt?" Dr. Martin shrugs.

Emery stays silent for a moment, she looks to the side not even bothering to answer. Dr. Martin looks at the apartment and sees all the cleaning products scattered across the floor and the ladder in the middle of the hall. "Where's your father?"

"Not here," Emery answers, her tone was unwavering. "He's staying somewhere else. I insisted on it."

"You...told your dad to leave?" Dr. Martin raises his brows.

Emery presses her lips into a firm line and nods. She looks Dr. Martin up and down. "Aren't you a little young to be a psychologist?"