𝟎𝟒𝟐 I Haven't Lost Everything, Right?

Rage.

chapter forty-two , I Haven't Lost Everything, Right?

━━━━━━━━━━

"Okay, listen up."

The team all jumped out of the fire engine, they followed Bobby and Emery towards the Supermarket.

"Last couple times we were here, mistakes were made."

"I would note they were big mistakes." Emery's eyes were glued to her clipboard. "Then again, who am I to judge?"

Tom pulls his brows together. "You always judge, ma'am."

Emery lifts her head and looks at Tom. He tenses, "But, that's what makes you you and I like y...I-I mean. You're a great captain."

"Thank you, Fletch." Emery gives him a small smile. Tom's face heats up and he softly chuckles. He was totally going to journal about this later tonight.

Emery and Bobby stand in front of the supermarket. "Some of you may find this amusing. But I don't." she paces back and forth. "This station needs order and what is this station without order?"

"Chaotic."

"Exactly." Emery holds her pen up.

"See her stinginess hasn't changed." Chimney mumbles to Hen. Over the past year Emery had been lenient when it came to her chore board even when she became Co-Captain she wasn't so harsh. But ever since that arbitration hearing...

The uptight enchantress was back.

"Something you want to share, Chim?"

Chimney's smile drops and he shakes his head. "N-No, Captain."

Emery then presses her lips into a smile. "Good--we will be pairing up this time."

"Diaz and Lena." Emery exhales. Eddie rolls his eyes to the side. "You are on meats and deli." She hands Bobby the list and he hands it to Eddie.

"Uh-oh, last name." Hen winces.

"Yeah, and she let Bobby hand the card out to him instead." Chimney adds.

"Wait, that's bad, right?" Tom swallows. "That sounds so bad."

"Nothing leaner than 92%," Bobby adds. Emery then points her pen at him. "Hen, Chimney, baking aisle." she then points her pen at them. "Unreined flour this time. Thank you." Emery hands the list to Hen.