𝟎𝟏𝟔 Cookie Monster Is In!

Haunted.

chapter sixteen , Cookie Monster Is In!

━━━━━━━━━━

Amaya Sharpe lets out a heavy sigh as she grabs her duffel bag. She tosses it over her shoulder and makes her way over to the front door. Emery sputters her lips and she wraps her arms around Amaya. "I'll come visit you guys next time, all right?"

Amaya smiles and wraps her arms around her big sister. "This every day sleepover thing has been fun. I'll miss it."

Emery smirks, "Wait until I find a new place..." she pulls away from the hug and grips her sister's shoulders. "...we'll have sleepovers all the time."

A knock is heard at the door and Emery inhales. "All right..." she sighs as she looks at the door. Emery pulls the door open revealing her parents. Emery wraps her arms around her parents and pulls them into the hotel. "Come in!" She says in a sing-songy tone.

"You ready to go, Amaya, honey?" Amara says.

Amaya nods her head and softly hums. "Yeah, let's. Get this show on the road."

"Well, maybe..." Elijah starts. "...we should wait a moment."

Amaya pulls her brows together. "What?"

Amara, Elijah, and Emery look at each other.

"It's a lot for us and for you to be coming back and forth from L.A. to San Diego." Amara voices.

"Me too." Emery holds her hands up. "I mean, I did it once and I can't imagine you guys doing it all the time. It's exhausting."

Amaya slowly shakes her head. "Wait, so...you're not letting me visit Emery anymore?"

Elijah slightly opens her mouth. "No, sweetheart, no." He quickly says. "We're saying that—"

"You can stay!" Emery holds her arms out and does jazz hands.

Amaya blinks, "What?"

"Well, you can move in once she finds an official living environment." Amara voices.

Emery purses her lips, "I'm not a lizard, mom. Just say apartment or house."

Amaya opens her mouth. "Are you guys serious?"

"Since you're doing online classes due to the earthquake, you can do them wherever." Elijah explains.