𝟎𝟏𝟗 Broom Closets & Christmas Miracles

Merry Ex-Mas.

chapter nineteen , Broom Closets and Christmas Miracles

a/n : slight sexual content in this chapter
skip if needed!

━━━━━━━━━━

Holidays weren't something Emery found herself interested in. I mean, when she was a kid, Emery loved any holiday if it meant her family was together. But as Emery and Amaya got older, their family became more strict. And when they became more strict, holidays became more bleak. Even though she and her family were working on rebuilding their relationship, she still couldn't help but think that holidays caused drama. It made Emery's chest so tight she felt like she couldn't breathe.

One year, during Emery's Sophomore year of highschool, she had gotten. C- on her Geometry winter final. And when Winter Break hit, her parents never acknowledged it. They never talked about her "bad" grade. And they always talked about her grades. What was so different? When Christmas rolled around, Emery and Amaya came downstairs to see all the gifts. And as the hours went on with Amaya opening up gifts, Emery soon realized that she got nothing.

Her parents had let her believe that they weren't going to punish her, just to crush that hope by making her watch Amaya open up all the gifts under the tree that belonged to her (and ALL the gifts belonged to her). Emery has told herself that she was over it. She and her parents were communicating and trying to better their relationships with her. But deep down there would always be a part of her that would never get over it. No matter, how mended their relationships were.

Emery fucking hated Christmas.

So, when she woke up to her sister blasting Christmas music, wearing a Christmas hat, while hanging garland on the walls; you could guess she wasn't the happiest person.

"What the fuck...?" Emery's voice come sour groggily. She rubs at her tired eyes again before she looks around. "Nope, not a nightmare...this is reality—Amaya what the hell?"

Amaya was on a ladder and her eyes were glued to the garland she was plastering on the wall. She turns to Emery and her eyes light up with her arms up. "Good morning!" Amaya climbs down the ladder.

"Maya—"

"I knew you were so busy with work and you didn't have time to put any Christmas decorations up, so..." Amaya motions motions to the decorations around the living room. "Surprise!"

Emery blows air out of her mouth and scratches the side of her neck. How does she tell her Christmas obsessed sister, that she did have time to put decorations up; she just didn't want to?