𝟎𝟎𝟗 It's Just the Principle

A Whole New You.

chapter nine , It's Just the Principle

a/n : last chapter of season one 💃🏾

━━━━━━━━━━

Emery awoke in a wonderful mood. Granted, there were no birds singing or rainbows in the sky but she was still in a wonderful mood. Emery got out of bed, William was already in her kitchen cooking breakfast (because he can cook AHHH). She swiftly made her way into her bathroom. Emery rinses her mouth with mouthwash and goes to grab her toothbrush, she grabs her toothpaste. Before she puts any paste on her toothbrush, her eyes catch close sight of her bristles.

They were wet.

She always brushes her teeth the night she goes to sleep, but the bristles were usually dry. Emery pouts her lower lip and knits her brows together. "Hey, babe?"

"Yeah!"

Emery lets out a soft chuckle, "My toothbrush is wet!" She pads through the apartment and makes it to the kitchen. William was finishing making pancakes, he stops and looks at his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I borrowed it."

Emery blinks, a small giggle escapes her lips. "Borrowed...? What do you mean 'borrowed'?" She tilts her head. "How do you borrow someone else's toothbrush?"

William shrugs a shoulder, "By using it."

"Without my consent?"

William pulls his brows together. "Don't make it weird, Em."

"Oh..." Emery taps the butt of her toothbrush against the island. "...I'm making it weird. Not you and your problem with using people's things without asking?"

"I don't have a problem." William chuckles. He turns off the stovetop and turns to her. William tosses the kitchen towel onto his shoulder and Emery holds her pointer up.

"Don't. Don't do that, you know how much I love that." Emery squints her eyes. "My toothbrush is my toothbrush. You didn't ask to use it and even if you did ask, I would've said no."

"Yeah, I know, Em. But I left mine at my place and I really—"

"Wait, wait, wait..." Emery holds a hand out and laughs softly. "You...left your own toothbrush at home?"

William nods his head, hoping that Emery would understand and the topic would now be dropped.

He was wrong.