𝟎𝟐𝟑 The Past Needs to Stay in The Past

Emery Begins.

chapter twenty three , The Past Needs to Stay in The Past

a/n : If you've watched Station 19, you'll recognize the call of this episode is from 1x09, Hot Box.

━━━━━━━━━━

Then

The 16 year old had her headphones over her ears while Shaggy's It Wasn't Me played. Every now and then, incoherent hums would come from the 16 year old. Which would cause eyes to fall on her. All unbeknownst to her. Her dark brown eyes were skimming across the computer, while chewing on a pretzel stick. She was so in her own work and head that she didn't even notice someone standing bedside her, until someone tapped her shoulder.

Emery lets out a small yelp and turns around to the person. Her heart beat pounds through her ears. She looks at the girl in front of her and the terror quickly slips from her body. Now she was just embarrassed.

The girl waves a small hand. Emery pulls her headphones off. "Sup—hey!" She places a hand on her cheek and another hand on her hip. Emery then adjusts her coffee brown glasses.

The girl softly laughs, "Hi!" She adjusts the straps of her bag on her shoulder. "I don't know if you know me, but I'm—"

"Helena Garcia." Emery nods her head. "Yeah, I know who you are." She laughs nervously. "We were in English, Algebra, Geometry, U.S. History...and now I'm talking too much. It's weird."

Helena laughs, "Yeah, we did have all those classes together." She looks at her boots. "I didn't think you noticed."

"Of course, I did." Emery exhales, her eyes filled with awe for the girl. "My name's—"

"Emerson. Emery. Em..." Helena tilts her head. "Sharpe."

Emery's stomach flutters and she smiles. "Yeah, that's me...all of those names."

Both girls look at each other in silence for a second. Emery keeps her brown eyes on Helena's hazel green ones. "I can't believe you know who I am..."

Helena raises her brows, "Is it really that surprising?"

"Well, with the friends you have and you being...popular yeah. It's a tad bit surprising." Emery nods her head. "You're a cheerleader and I'm the one on the side, taking pictures of you."

Helena pulls her brows together, but she softly smiles. Emery's jaw goes slack. "For photography club!" She points at the computer, revealing the pictures she was editing.

Helena slightly opens her mouth and her smile widens. "Oh, wow! Those are amazing."

Helena slightly leans forward, her face beside Emery's. Emerson looks at the girl and notices how close they were. Helena turns the girl and meets Emerson's eyes. The girl shifts her eyes across Emery's lips then quickly back to her eyes. Helena giggles softly, noticing Emery's glasses were sliding down the bridge of her nose.