Chapter 39- Blurred

Chapter 39

Blurred

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

... I... I never wanted any of this...

.:+:.

"Take me!"

...

...

"What are we at now? A little over 100?"

147

"The last few fights seemed like they were gonna break that streak though, Kitten. Each one more than the last."

...

...

That tiny body curled up on the floor, a shaky sob jostling him as the the shock from slamming into the floor ebbed, but he didn't even attempt to pick himself again. He simply curled in on himself tighter, pale hands clutching his head and eyes shut so so tightly, though the tears still kept coming, rolling down flushed cheeks and spattering against the gore-cached cement.

It... It was a kid

...

...

"... T-This is you... Isn't it...?"

His voice and question was suddenly deafening as they hit the air, the inquiry a heavy beat in a world suddenly plunged into sheer silence that even his soft voice seemed thunderous upon. The question and rumble of it landing hard and heavy along with the ten-ton weight that seemed to slam down on top of her when her eyes scanned the headline at breakneck speed.

Missing UA Student Killed In Underground Fighting Ring

...

...

Her eyes moved slowly off the boy, landing behind him and the wisps of pitch black slowly bleeding into reality, reaching out with thin tendrils like fingers toward the edge of his figure, moving sluggishly as the world seemed to in just that moment... all the way until the bleeding black consumed all else, and what lay waiting in that reaching void would come.

Her eyes flashed, a shiver running down her spine and a thin, ice-cold hand slowly curling its fingers around her throat, her expression growing solemn, resigned, grim, and resolute as the echo of the thought came as a low, hissing whisper in her ear.

There is nothing you can do

...

...

The little bit of rationality fizzled away and ended in a dead-halt, her heart skipping a painful beat and the panic that had stalled for just a second getting instantly worse in the face of what came next;