Chapter 18- Grey

Chapter 18
Grey

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

... I have to...

.:+:.

"We're going to stop for the day, I'm sorry for any pain its caused... Do you need anything?"

"...no... I'm fine."

"... Are you sure...?"

"... Yes... I'm sure... I'm just gonna... Take a bit to think... If I can..."

"... Alright... We'll do our best to get all of this sorted out and dealt with... And try to figure out what's going to happen next."

"... You didn't ask the question you need to..."

"... Hmm..?"

"... The important one... The one... The decides... The penalty for people controlled... By someone else's Quirk..."

"... I was going to leave it for another day, you've answered enough..."

"... I can answer it... Simon said... Don't tell... What you did... But..."

"...alright... Did you ever in ten years... Have you ever been the direct cause for someone to lose their life...?"

"...no... Never... no one ever... died because of me..."

That... That wasn't a lie

.:+:.

... That will make things a little easier... Given what we've found out... It would be cruel to hold her accountable for anything... She... Never had a choice... And I believe that...

Tsukauchi hummed a little under his breath, his eyes dropping closed for a moment. He'd found himself a little surprised when Izaru and Seino talked... About how quickly she'd pieced together what Seino's Quirk was, and with seeing so little of it. For anyone to piece together a Quirk they had never seen before and with so much accuracy... She was smart (of course that was already clear, given her skill with computers...), but she smarter than he had realized. (And maybe given that, not a surprise she had been the one to bring up the murder question..)

In a way it was impressive... Just as impressive as her tolerance to pain, and her force of will... Especially after all they'd found out today. He felt for her, and sympathized with what she'd been through... And he felt for all the people who had known her before and found all of this out just as he did. But it was so much worse an ache for them, surely.

Her expression as he left the room behind was neutral again... But not lifeless, like the face of the hollow person that had been brought in. There was life trickling back in behind those grey eyes, slowly.

Chimon and Seino had left now, a bit of a lull settling in what had been a tumultuous couple of hours. Everyone's already worn minds and feelings from dealing with the aftermath of One For All VS All Might- even more strained now... Awfully strained on said Hero, as well as Present Mic and Eraserhead. He'd suggested to all three of them to take a break and get away from the Station for a few hours at least, if not the rest of the day- regain themselves a bit and come back once things had settled down some more and they had more to do... Right now there was little to be done but wait.