Chapter 2- Long Time

Chapter 2
Long Time

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

He got transferred

.:+:.

"Oi, you're not asleep are you?"

There was a head of messy, black hair all splayed about over his arms as his face remained tucked in them against the table. At the lack of a response, she supposed the answer was likely 'yes'- but the way his shoulders and back moved up and down said otherwise.

She'd taken the seat right in front of the desk he was 'asleep' at, her legs straddling the back of it as she lightly tapped the top of his head. He stiffened immediately, a low grumble that was halfway a sigh coming from him as his head tilted up, his chin still in his arms and tired eyes locking on her sitting in front of him.

"What?" He grumbled flatly.

"You can't pretend to be asleep all the time, aren't people in the Hero Course supposed to be the model students of UA?" She asked, her voice soft and easy and so calm. "You've been in this class only about a week, should you really be trying to slack off already?" He blinked at her slowly, before his eyes fell closed with a sigh.

"Don't lecture me."

His head lift out of his arms as he pushed his hair out of his face a little with one hand, while the other moved to take the earplugs out of his ears. She blinked, smirking slightly as her eyes found them.

"Oh, so this other guy you mentioned- the loud one? I take it he's the reason you're trying to mind your own business over here in the corner?" She asked, her voice almost sly as he settled her with a flat stare. She seemed to take the lack of answer as answer, naturally- and chuckled lightly.

"Come on, he can't be that bad. Isn't it better that someone's trying to be friendly?"

"I'm not here to make friends." Was the short answer, she deflated somewhat as her smirk faded a little too. Her pale blue eyes matched with his as she held his gaze, almost exasperated and maybe even a bit... he didn't know the word, and nothing about her gave any other indication to the sudden change in mood.

"Well too bad, Shota. You can't expect to be a good Hero and not make some friends, part of the job is working with others, you know." She murmured lightly, he blinked.

"... since when do you call me by my first name?" He grumbled, she laughed.

"Since you said you weren't here to make friends." She replied easily, her chin falling in her hand as she smiled coolly. "I may not be in the Hero Course like you, but don't think that'll mean you can just ditch me."

Three weeks into the new school year, after showing an impressive amount of promise, backed by an insanely powerful Quirk (and no small amount of passive-aggressive pushing on his part...), he'd been transferred out of the General Studies department, and placed in Heroics. Not a shock, really- but in those three weeks of being in General Studies, he hadn't bothered getting to know anyone, since he anticipated he'd be leaving eventually anyway.

But she'd not left him alone, even when he tried to stay on the fringes. For whatever reason, she seemed intent on bothering him... so in the end, she became the only person he knew more than just a passing acquaintance (not that he was interested in knowing her that well, but it was hard not to get to know someone when they kept popping up beside you and striking up (very one-sided..) conversations).

Even now, with them in two different classes- she kept showing up. Sneaking out of her class and coming to his, seeking him out at lunch, all manner of attempts at keeping them in conversation and 'knowing' one another.

It was actually a lot like the way that loud-mouth Hizashi Yamada kept bothering him, though she was less loud, and a bit less annoyingly persistent.

She herself was a bit of a mystery still, though. A student in General Studies and stuck there because- while she had excellent grades, she hadn't a Quirk, so being a Hero was out of the question. He figured if she wanted to she could probably do well in Management, or even Support... But she still resigned herself to General Studies, and figuring out why was honestly too much of a bother, and he didn't want to deal with it.

The most striking thing about her, outside of bothering him so much?

Something about the way she smiled and acted so pleasant and cheery... it seemed forced.

He looked away with an exasperated and bored sigh, and she seemed to smile just a little bit at his resignation to her words.

"Whatever.."

.:+:.

The beeping of a heart monitor came slowly into focus, his mind groggy and body weighing about a thousand pounds. Drugs had his mind in a haze and his muscles refusing to move like he wanted them too- though they did little to dull down the deep, insatiable ache of pain everywhere... Especially around his elbow and his eyes.

The ceiling wouldn't come into focus above him, and he couldn't open his eyes enough anyway- so he stopped trying and let them fall closed again.

He'd been going in and out of consciousness for awhile since arriving at the hospital, he could remember little of getting here, and near nothing after having his face slammed into the ground at the USJ... He supposed he faintly recalled some fractured image of All Might arriving, but honestly he wasn't sure if he really remembered it, or if it was something his mind had made up for him through all the pain. He did recall Recovery Girl though, and her promise that his Class had been spared any serious injuries through all of it, with Thirteen on the mend too. All Might's intervention gained opportunity to let the other Staff arrive in time to prevent casualties... But of course that fool pushed himself too far, and now what minuscule three hours he had for Hero Work was shot.

His dreams had been empty as he faded back out again after that, but this last time his mind seemed it wanted to give him something- and the memory it landed on was out of the ordinary.

Aneko Izaru... I haven't thought about her in a long time...

Not that he really wanted to, mind you. A hard truth of life, maybe; but sometimes people went away and there was nothing to be done. Even he, though he tried hard not to let things like that get to him... some things always did, no matter who you are or how hard you might try.

He didn't like it came to the forefront of his mind now... especially not after so long. He thought maybe he'd managed to put it away in the back corners of his mind for good.

Maybe it was the drugs, maybe they found some way to pry free what locks he had put over those particular memories and lulled them up into the forefront of is unconscious mind. Or maybe it was a combination of that and the pain and exhaustion that came with the injuries... or maybe even it was just the shock. He hadn't been this injured before, as far as he could recall- and that meant his mind betrayed him and brought back the things he had wanted to leave alone.

Aizawa felt his mind slipping away again as the heart monitor became so quiet he could scarcely hear it anymore. He didn't care to fight to stay awake, so he let out a long, low breath as he felt himself sink a little further against the bed.

I don't get paid enough to end up like this... why the hell am I remembering her now...?

.:+:.

Here we are with the first two chapters, I hope they are enough to get you interested! (At least a little bit..)

Please, Vote and Comment if ya can! Thanks!

...

{Trigger Warning: This story deals heavily with mental health issues; depression, abuse, trauma, grief, self-harm/thoughts, and harmful behaviors. It also deals with brutality and violence, with gore and blood and other such things. Also death. Read responsibly}