Chapter 19- Air

Chapter 19
Air

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

... They are all... Nervous...

.:+:.

"Hello Izaru, I'm Doctor Fumine. I'll be the one in charge of Examining you today, and starting the tests to see if we can figure out how to... Do away, with the compulsion that seems to still be lingering over you. If we can figure out how 'Simon's' Quirk works, then we may be able to reverse the effects... Perhaps even guard against him in the future."

"... Alright."

"... Nurse Hisue called and detailed what happened yesterday, regarding your breathing... It happens often?"

"... No... Only when I move too much, or use up a lot of energy in a small time span."

"And she mentioned you said it takes a few hours to settle out again?"

"... Yes."

"Alright, we'll take a few scans and see if we can sort all of this out. Follow me please... And please let me know if you're uncomfortable."

Simon Said... No... Damn what Simon says...

She's so quiet... So... Obedient.

"... alright.."

.:+:.

...so much damage...

"... Ah, detective. There you are."

"Hmm? Oh, sorry, have you been looking for me? I had to handle a few phone calls.."

"Not a worry, but yes, I'd like a word with you."

"... alright... Was there something seriously wrong?"

"Well, it is serious, but at the moment none of her injuries are life threatening. Given the file you gave me on her Quirk, and how it works- I expected some abnormal vitals and results... But to be quite honest, how this woman has kept living and working as she has is a bit astonishing. She has the stress levels of someone on the edge of a heart attack, she's sleep deprived, exhausted... She's so on edge it must take an incredible amount of effort and work to just stay standing. Relatively speaking its not impossible to live like that, and she seems to have adapted to it, and enough she's able to function normally, but she is by no means healthy. And that is discounting the other issues involving her lungs."

"So what happened yesterday, when she was having trouble breathing..?"

"We took X-rays and a multitude of other scans, and the sheer damage that's been done to her lungs and her rib-cage is of the like I haven't seen before. Damage enough she surely didn't survive it, as you said... The blast that hit her shattered most of the ribs, and caused a great deal of damage into the lungs themselves, and even caused light damage to her heart. The lungs though, they were torn apart by the force of the blast itself, as well as peppered from the bone shrapnel from her ribs. The ribs themselves have a multitude of healed fractures, and they have been mostly set together again where they need be- but there is still a great deal of bone shards stuck into the tissue, that when agitated, cause tearing and eventually lead to the trouble breathing you saw yesterday. Many of the shards seemed to have fused with the muscle and scar tissue, and likely don't shift unless she finds herself in a situation where her breathing elevates enough to dislodge them again, causing swelling and sending her immune system into a freefall trying to combat what if can't get rid of- thus being the reason her temperature spiked too. But even outside the bone shards, there's no small amount of damage, and there's a considerable amount of scar tissue over both lungs."