Chapter 20- Come Monday

Chapter 20
Come Monday

Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Hero Academia, or its characters. I DO however, own my OCs and my story.

.:+:.

... I don't know... What I'm supposed to... Feel...

.:+:.

"... we found something... odd."

"Hmm? How so?"

"While we were running the tests, the scans showed the inclusion of some separate strain of DNA inside of her body that is not hers, and a higher concentration of it centered in her lungs. The samples were degenerated pretty badly but... on the outside, they look like some form of biological virus, or pathogen. But the DNA suggests they came from someone human, as if it were just a trace of blood, or hair... it's extremely odd. I don't think I've ever seen an individual cell that acts like a virus, inside of another human being before."

"Do you think it has something to do with how Simon's Quirk works?"

"Most likely yes. It's possible he gives off some sort of Virus stemmed from his body to infect people, enter their bloodstream, move up to the brain, and control and disrupt thought and function... however that is a guess. As I said, the samples we found were badly degraded, and near unusable. Apart from that though, it might not be long until she's free of the compulsion. Though with how badly her recollection and memory functions have been degraded over the years, even if Simon's Quirk wears off enough so she can talk to you freely- I don't think she'll remember anything from before for a lot longer... if she remembers it at all."

"Were the samples intact enough to get a sufficient reading for DNA comparison?"

"I doubt it, but I sent what we had to the police laboratories already. With luck perhaps you can get a hit, though I would not hope for it. We'll continue to review what we have, and take more tests if need be... but I thought you'd like to know."

.:+:.

"... we've been reviewing it, Tsukauchi. The good news being, she's not going to be held accountable for the crimes committed, but she's not out of the woods yet. Once the compulsion wears off, she's going to have to give testament to every single thing Simon has ever made her do. And they won't be letting her walk free either, in the meantime- she's still flagged a flight risk, and without knowing the true bounds of what Simon's Quirk can do, they aren't comfortable letting her out of custody either. And I understand she's not able to recall a lot of what's gone on the last ten years, and that she might never remember it all either... but they are willing to wait, and they don't have any qualms keeping her under supervision either. The only way any of this might ever get cleared up, is if we're able to compile a list of everything that she's been ordered to do... and of course, bring Simon into custody."

"So what do we do now? If she's to be kept under supervision and in custody, I assume she's being sent to a prison..?"

"That's the most likely thing, or some sort of rehabilitation center... but we have other plans."

"... what do you mean...?"

"We're pulling a few strings still, but for now see what you can get out of her about what Simon had her doing. You said she was compiling the data off the cell phone she had? Has anything helpful come up?"