I'm lonely(?)

"I can't believe she actually smashed the guitar on stage!" I exclaim. Kaede had asked me to join a group call with her and Miu after her most recent performance. I accepted, hoping that Miu wouldn't try to bark at me or something while Kaede was with us.

"Me either! It hyped up the crowd, though," the pianist laughs as she flips through a book of songs to play. "Do you guys think it'll look good if I preform Clair De Lune at my next solo recital?"

"It doesn't matter, y-you'll do great no matter what you choose..." Miu stammers, blushing a bit. I nod in agreement as Kaede turns red.

"T-thank you..." she murmurs, burying her face in a nearby pillow to hide her face.

This has been happening ever since I joined the call.

Don't get me wrong, the two are adorable together, but it's awkward just sitting here third-wheeling them. It feels like I'm intruding on something...

"Oh no, you're not at all!" Kaede says suddenly. Did I say that last part out loud...?

"If you feel like that you should just date someone. Problem solved," Miu groans, leaning back in her chair.

"I-It's not that simple!!" I yell, embarrassed. "Besides, I don't need a date anyways..."

"But why not?" Kaede whines, tilting her head. "You should totally find someone to go out with! Oh, I know! Why don't Miu and I help you?"

Absolutely not. The last thing I need is for my friends to plan a date for me.

"Who would we even get to date an emo boy like Shuichi?" Miu questions. (A/N: Me, I volunteer-)

"Well, let's start with the people in our class-"

"No!!" I interrupt. "I really appreciate the thought but... I don't even know half of the people in my class!"

"Don't worry, you will soon!" Miu grins. "How about Avocado Head? You two seem to get along."

"We hardly talk-"

"What about Tsumugi?" Kaede suggests. "She's really sweet! I remember talking to her one time."

I shake my head as Miu glares off to the side in jealousy. "Then how about Chiaki? She's nice!" Kaede continues.

"Nah, she's off limits. I'm pretty sure she's dating that prissy-pink princess."

"Kaito?"

"He's with Maki."

"Hiyoko?"

"She's an Ultimate-level bitch. And she likes Mahiru."

"Angie?"

"She's just weird."

"Who else even is there?!" Kaede wails, slamming down on her table dramatically.

"We could just drop it-" I try to suggest, only to be cut off by a loud gasp coming from Miu.

"I hate that I remembered him, but what about that little shit Kokichi?" she proposes.

"That's right!" Kaede cries. "Aren't you guys friends already? It's meant to be!"

"T-that's okay, I don't like Kokichi like that..." I say. I don't think I can imagine being in a relationship with Kokichi...

"But it would work perfectly! You'd be able to keep that gremlin in control!" Miu counters. "Or maybe... he'd be the one keeping you in control~"

"Miu!!" Kaede and I shout, earning a hearty laugh from the inventor.

✎⇢ ➸➹ ⇨ ⇒ Time Skip