The kidnappers?!

TW for slight violence, bruising, and mentions of vomit

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"I can't believe winter break is almost over! It went by way too fast!" Kokichi whines as he heads in front of me. "Tell your dad we need a longer break!"

"I'm pretty sure he can't change that..." I smile sheepishly.

"Aw, man! I really had my hopes up!"

Nagito and Hajime had invited us to go grab ice cream with them, and Kokichi immediately agreed. I was in bed the time and was pretty comfortable, but the leader called and annoyed me into going.

"Are we there yet? I can't find this place anywhere!" He huffs, scrolling through his phone.

"Did Nagito send you the location?" I ask.

"Actually, Hajime invited me. And the map says we should turn... right here!"

Hajime invited him? That's odd, I think to myself as we turn the corner. I didn't think they got along well.

"Is this some type of sick prank?!" Kokichi shouts, grabbing my attention. I look up to see an abandoned-looking ice cream parlor in the middle of a deserted grassy area. The sign is worn down and the paintjob is ruined. There's only one car there, which also looks pretty bad. This place is probably haunted or something...

"This looks like the type of thing I'd come up with!" the leader points out. "I'm kidding. My pranks aren't nearly as subpar as this."

"Are you sure we didn't get the wrong location?" I raise an eyebrow, doubting the situation.

Kokichi scrolls through his messages quickly. "Pretty sure this is it. That's what Hajime sent me, anyway."

"Oh... is that him now?" I question, seeing the brunette's spiky hair through the window. "Still, I don't know why we couldn't go somewhere more... sanitary..."

"Who cares? Ice cream is ice cream!" the purple-haired giggles, running ahead of me.

"I care!" I call, hurrying after. But I don't seem to get far when Kokichi lets out a loud yelp. Upon hearing his scream, I pick up the pace and race to his side, only to be horrified by the scene playing out in front of me.

On the floor in front of us lies Nagito, unconscious and tied up and gagged with a rope. Hajime is next to him, however he's still wide awake and not gagged at all.

"Quiet!" he hisses. "You'll get their attention. Just hurry up and get help!"

"Their?" I repeat in a hushed tone.

"Some people dressed in black. I don't know what they're trying to do. All I know is that you two need to get out of here!"

"We can't just leave you here! Who knows what they'll do to you?" Kokichi cries.

"We'll be fine. It'll be worse if you guys end up like this! Then nobody will be able to stop them."

"...We're going. Come on, Kokichi." I snap a photo of the situation and turn to run.

"No." he responds firmly. "At least let me stay here with them. I can't leave him behind." He glances at the unconscious albino, eyes filled with sorrow. I've never seen Kokichi like this before...

"I promise we'll come back for them. For now let's-"

"INTRUDERS!"

In seconds I'm pinned to the ground, arms behind my back. Kokichi's still standing, but he's being restrained by a masked person with an arm around him. Several other disguised characters surround us.