1 Year Anniversary + IMPORTANT Announcement!!

Today marks the one year anniversary of "You're Perfect For Me!" Thank you all so much for the endless amounts of love and support throughout the production of this story. It means so much to me!!

I never expected this to become my most popular story. At the time this started, my Komahina book had already started and was quickly gaining reads. I didn't expect for "You're Perfect For Me" to not only catch up to it, but PASS it by thousands of reads! I love reading your comments and theories, and I appreciate the votes more than anything! <33

In celebration of this wonderful occasion, I was going to release a Q&A special. It has sadly been postponed. And this is due to my important announcement:

"You're Perfect For Me" will be going on hiatus. Many chapters will be going unpublished (NOT deleted) for the purpose of being rewritten.

"But why? What does this mean for the story?" Well don't worry, the story isn't over.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting over my work recently. I've noticed a change in my writing style and storytelling skills, and I haven't really been exhibiting as much of it in this book. It feels rushed and lazy to me. Many chapters were come up with on the spot, which contributes to my surprise for the story's popularity. When I go through with this rewriting period, I will establish a more developed plot and subplots. The theme will be more prominent and the romance will prevail.

"But I liked the story so far!" For all of those who agree with that statement, I have good news for you:

I will be posting a separate book where all of the original chapters of "You're Perfect For Me" will be kept. I think it would be nice for a comparison and evaluation of my skills, plus it would be a very well-deserved treat for all of those who have supported me this far.

"When will this be happening?" I plan to unpublish selected chapters on September 27th, which is one month from this announcement. This means you have from August 27th to September 27th to reread all the original chapters. They will not be reposted until I have finished a good outline for the story and have begun to work on some chapters. The first section has a good chance of going unchanged, meaning that I might leave them up the entire time.

"What changes will you make to the story?" This will mostly be kept secret for now. My main idea is to incorporate my current writing style into the chapters (since it's tiresome to continue to use my old one) and to cut out things that divert from the plot. The Disappearances (mystery plot) may be completely removed, and I will tell you the culprit and plan for that if I decide to scrap it. I will focus more on character development and backstories, since a lot of the side characters feel shallow and Shuichi is the only consistently mentioned character. Kokichi and Kaede were meant to be main characters alongside Shuichi, yet they feel like they're only used to keep Shuichi from losing his shit. I want them to have their own stories, too, as well as Miu, Rantaro, Kyouko and Makoto, Nagito and Hajime, and perhaps Celestia. I want this story to be something people can relate more to, and with the current direction it's going in, there will soon be no connection between the audience and the story. This is the main reason why I advocate for a rewrite.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions on this matter. My goal is to write a story that speaks to you all, so your thoughts, support, and contributions are more than appreciated! Please tell me your feelings towards the original story and future rewrite. Do you encourage the rewrite, or do you like the idea of finishing the old story? Any comments will be cherished!! <333

Thank you all so, so much for a year of "You're Perfect For Me!" This wouldn't have been possible without you all.

Have a wonderful day/evening/night!!

- Mugi ❤️