3.5) My Feelings ♡

An annoyed-looking fair employee adjusts their microphone, preparing to announce the start of the bumper cars.

"Good evening, guests. Welcome to bumper cars... I'll be your advisor today..." they mumble into the mic. "You all know how to drive, right? Just push the pedal to go and move the wheel to change directions. Oh, and if you're six or younger you have to have an adult with you. Or anyone over five feet, really. Anyways... are you ready?"

"YES!" I shout along with the other people at the ride. Shuichi nods his head and covers his ears at the sudden loud noise.

The employee rolls their eyes. "Alright, I'm turning on the cars... make sure to stay in your seat at all times."

After the adviser fiddles around with the control panel for a minute, the bumper cars all switch on at the same time. I immediately hit the gas, aiming to hit anyone near me. My goal is to hit someone so hard that they hit the wall!

My first victim is a five-year-old and his mom. I bump right into their side and the kid laughs, but his mom gives me this evil side eye like that's NOT what the ride is about. I don't know her, so I send a glare right back. I hope her Karen ass tries to sue me when we get out of the cars. That'll be a treat.

I look around the area, trying to find Shumai. Luckily for me, he's pretty close to me. And to my surprise, he's actually being pretty ruthless with the bumping. Anyone who gets close gets sent the the other side of the course! What's even better is that Shumai is smiling the whole time. I didn't know the emo would be into a game like this, but I guess I'm glad my tickets aren't going to waste!

Although I try to bump into Shuichi's car, he always seems to move conveniently out of the way. He's so focused on his targets that he doesn't notice me tailing him the whole time! If I were that focused on my work, I'd probably have all A's on every assignment I got!

After a few more unsuccessful attempts at knocking Shuichi out of his car, a loud horn sounds and the ride comes to a slow stop.

"Alright everybody, time's up. Please exit from the door to your right," the ride attendant calls. The riders shuffle out of the ride in no real order as I hang back to look for my cute detective. But suddenly I feel a tap on my back, making me whip around in defense.

"Kokichi! That was really exciting!" Shuichi beams. He's grinning from ear to ear. "We should go again later!"

I turn away to hide my surprise. I didn't expect him to be this happy about something I introduced him to. "Mmm... anything for you, Mr. Detective!"

We leave the attraction to wander between the stalls. We stop occasionally for sweet snacks and to play carnival games. There's a particular game that catches my eye, and I tap frantically on Shuichi's shoulder to get his attention.

"Shumai, look! One of those water shooter thingies!" I gasp. "I wanna play! And my amazing skills might even win you a prize~"

"Huh? But I heard those types of games are rigged," the ravenette protests. "I don't want you to waste your money on me..."

I give a confident laugh and declare, "I'm sure the King of Lies would be able to figure out a simple party trick! Just watch and learn, Shumai."

And with that, I strode up to the booth and fished a few quarters out of my pocket. "I'd like to try this game of yours," I say to the worker.

The worker raised an eyebrow, then looked at Shuichi. "Is this your kid?"

"N-no!" the detective exclaims.

"He's MY kid!" I add. "Now hand me one of those shooters!"

-

"I can't believe you scored the top prize of the first try!" Shumai gasped in awe as he held the large stuffed animal close to his chest.

I sneak a small grin out. "You're welcome! Now you have someone to snuggle with at night when I'm not there~"

Shuichi's face immediately turned red and he opened his mouth as he tried to form words. "Wh- I- You..."

"You're adorable, Shumai!" I gush."...Just kidding! Now let's hurry up and get a few more rides and snacks in before we leave!"

"Huh?! K-Kokichi, wait up!"

-

After we thoroughly explored the fairgrounds, we headed to the nearest bus stop and caught the next bus home. We were riding back in silence, so I thought that it would be a great time to make a move!

I look up at Shuichi before scooting closer and resting my head on his shoulder. I wrap my arms around one of his, pulling him closer. I don't say anything.

Shumai blinks in surprise, staring down at me. Looks like the Ultimate Supreme Leader has surprised the detective once again! However, what's more surprising is the fact that he doesnt shake me off. Instead, he lets me stay there and turns awauy in embarrassment.

Soon enough, the bus reaches our stop. Shuichi and I hurry off the bus and start our walk home.

"Look how romantic this is! Walking eachother home as the sun sets..." I murmur. I glance at Shuichi, trying to catch a glimpse of his adorable blushing face. A smile of satisfaction spreads across my face as I see him try to cover his redness with his arm.

"Ah... Kokichi, isn't this your place...?" He asks suddenly. I look up, disappointed to see that we've arrived at my house. I wanted to tease Shumai for just a little bit longer...!

I turn towards the taller. "Yep, this is where we part! Are you sure you don't wanna come in with me~?"

"W-well, I've gotta get back home, so..."

"Mmm.. whatever you say, Mr. Detective! See ya!"

"Have a good night, Kokichi!" Shuichi smiles, looking into my eyes. "Oh, and... I have a really fun time with you today!"

My face reddens and my eyes widen in surprise, causing me to turn away. "Mhm... let's do it again sometime!"

"I'd love that," the ravenette says. "Then, bye now...!"

And with that, Shuichi leaves me on my doorstep.

Leaving me to ponder about the new feelings he's given me.