2) Does my talent really fit me?

Don't get me wrong, I love my talent. Solving mysteries is the one thing in decent at, and I'm really happy doing it. But I think somebody else should have gotten my title. Am I even worthy of such an achievement? Being the Ultimate Detective? Why wasn't it someone smarter, or more charming, or more perfect than me overall. I can't imagine what must have been going through the Hope's Peak Committee's heads when they decided to choose someone like me to attend their school. Was it because my dad is the Principal? I think that's it. That has to be it. There can't be any other reason. I may be able to be useful during cases, but I'm not as fast or efficient as my mother, or anyone in that matter.

So when the new case was announced, I panicked.

A lot.

Why are they assigning me my own case? Are they insane?! Do they know what'll happen when I fail? Do they know what'll happen to me when I fail?! Why do they even trust me enough to give me my own case?

I really, really like solving mysteries. I just don't want to let anyone down. And letting people down seems to be my true talent. Why couldn't I be the Ultimate Disappointment instead? That would've been better.

I don't have the details on the case yet. That's good. It gives me more time to overthink everything. Maybe I should talk to Kaede? She always knows how to cheer me up. But I don't want to worry her... or disturb her...

Should I talk to Kokichi? He's been helping me a lot so far in unexpected ways, so maybe it's worth a shot? But he always gets upset when I say bad things about myself and tells me to "stop lying," but I can't help it! Detectives speak the truth, and I just so happen to be a detective.

Too many thoughts are racing through my head right now. I should go to sleep... it's late. I would say goodnight, but would I be saying it to? Ah, I'm dragging things on again. I'll go now.