2.5) The Fair ♡

A/N: Hey everyone! It's about time I got this posted. Yes, this is the 100 follower special. No, this is not told by Shuichi. It's actually in Kokichi's POV! I'm pretty excited to write him in a non-serious tone (unlike in my other Saiouma story)!

I actually wrote this after posting all of the chapters for the second part, so you might be wondering, "Why is this in the middle of parts 2 and 3?" Well, it takes place in that time frame (I'd say sometime after the meeting), and it would look out of place if I put it right after the intro to part 3. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, and just to be clear, this is Kokichi writing in a journal entry! Yep, he has a journal too, just like Shuichi!

Enjoy the chapter!

✧༺♥༻∞

Today's the day! I'm FINALLY going to ask him out!

Remember the cute detective I mentioned before? I think we're pretty much besties now! So I think I'm going to take our relationship to the next level. And that means going out together!

...But what kind of places would an emo like him be interested in?

A LIBRARY! He told me that he likes to read once! I have a pretty good memory when it comes to things or people I like, and I remember that he once said (and I quote): "Yeah, I really like books. I go to the library in my free time-"

...Wait. He goes to the library in his free time. Wouldn't that be boring for him to go again?! Maybe I need to rethink this...

...

HEY! Since when did I start caring about what other people thought? I'm Kokichi Ouma, for god's sake! I don't need ANYONE's opinions! I'll do this my way and he'll love it!

I slump down in my beanbag chair and chew on my pen as I think. What would be a cool hangout spot? Maybe the movies? No... that sounds like a date!! Though I wouldn't mind if it were...

OH! The fair! There's a fair in town! People go to the fair with their friends all the time, right? Maybe Shumai would be interested in that!

Excited, I grab my phone and call Shuichi. He answers on the third ring. "Hello?"

"SHUMAI! I missed you~!" I sing.

"Kokichi, we saw each other an hour ago-"

"Don't sweat the small stuff! Anyways, do you wanna go out with me?"

There's a short, awkward silence. "H-huh?!"

"I said, 'Do you want go out with me?'" I repeat slowly.

"W-what's this all of a sudden?!" Shuichi asks.

"It's nothing! I just wanted to hang out with my beloved detective~!"

I can practically feel Shumai's blush through the screen. "O-oh... well, I wouldn't mind hanging out... with you..."

"Great!!" I cheer, bouncing in my seat. "How does the fair sound?"

"That sounds fun! I've always wanted to go to a fair," Shuichi replies.

"Wait, wait, wait. You've never been to a fair?" I ask dramatically.

"N-no," Shuichi sighs. "I went once with Kaede and my parents when I was really young, but I wouldn't count it since I don't remember it well..."

"And you haven't gone since?!"

"I guess I've never really had the time to go, haha..."

Now's the moment of truth! "Then we HAVE to go! How about this Saturday? We can meet up at the bus stop!"