The truth...? (Part One)

"We're lost, aren't we?"

"N-not yet! I'll get you out of here safely!!"

"I knew we should have turned right..."

"It definitely said left!"

"Tenko, Himiko!" a voice shouted above the others. "We're not going to get anywhere if we don't start moving!"

The two girls lowered their heads in embarrassment. "Sorry Tsumugi..."

"Don't worry about it," the cosplayer smiled. "Tenko, can you show me the map again?"

"Yes ma'am!" she saluted, then quickly pulled out her phone. She tapped on a picture and handed it to Tsumugi.

"Ah... we took quite a few wrong turns..." the blue-haired annunced.

"Awh..." Himiko whined. "Are we ever gonna get to the museum?"

"We'll get there! I'll make sure of it!" Tenko promised.

Tsumugi, Tenko, and Himiko had agreed to meet up with Angie at the museum, but they were having trouble finding their way there. They decided to use a GPS, but Himiko had forgotten her phone and Tsumugi left it at her house so that it wouldn't ring when they were there. Tenko had brought her phone, but it only worked with wifi. So while she was still at home, she had taken a picture of the route the girls were supposed to take. But they still had a tiny problem...

Tenko Chabashira was horrible with directions.

No matter how hard she tried, Tenko couldn't make it anywhere without taking a few "detours." And this time was no different.

"Excuse me, do you ladies need help?" someone asked the group from behind. They turned to be met with an older woman. She seemed to be in her early forties and held her phone in her hand. Tenko and Tsumugi exchanged skeptical looks, but decided to respond anyway.

"We were just trying to find our way somewhere, but we got a little lost..." Tsumugi answered.

"Oh! Would you mind if I helped you? I have some time before my next meeting," the woman suggested, beaming.

"Yes please!!" Himiko accepted, smiling in gratitude.

"Alright. I'll pull up your destination on my GPS, even though I know this city by heart!" she said, getting to work quickly. In a matter of seconds, the lady had brought up the route on her phone.

"That seems accurate..." Tsumugi murmured to herself. "Thank you, miss!"

"It's my pleasure," the woman responded. "Are you fine walking there yourself?"

The three nodded.

"Alright then, take care!"

-

Tsumugi, Himiko, and Tenko had reached another dead end.

"H-how did this happen?! I know this was the right way..." Tsumugi frowned, inspecting the dark alleyway that they were met with.

"Maybe we're cursed..." the magician sighed.

Tenko remained silent for a few moments, looking as if she were listening out for something.

"Hey..." Tenko spoke.

"What's the matter, Tenko?" Tsumugi asked, turning her head.

"Do you find it strange that the lady knew exactly where we were going?"

Tsumugi and Himiko went pale.

"She said she knew this city by heart, so she should've known that the map would lead us here-"

"AH!!"

Himiko and Tenko whipped around, only to face an unconscious Tsumugi. Standing above her was a figure in all black, holding a wet, possibly drugged, handkerchief.

"T-Tsumugi...?" the redhead stammered. "Are y-you..."

"HIMIKO, RUN!!" Tenko shouted, pushing her friend away as hard as she could. The figure lunged at the Aikido artist, forcing her to the ground. Tenko, unfazed, pushed her opponent off of her and leapt back. "HURRY!"

Himiko nodded frantically and ran in the direction they had come from, looking for help. Luckily, Celestia Ludenberg, Kyouko Naegi, and Makoto Naegi were dining at a café not too far away. But by the time she had brought the three back to the scene of the encounter, her friends were gone.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"A-and that's what happened..." Himiko sniffles, wiping away tears. "It should have been me... I couldn't help at all! P-please save my friends!"

"Thank you for telling us, Miss Yumeno," mom says sincerely as I finish writing down the events in my notebook. "We'll get your friends back. That's a promise."

"Really...?"

My mom and I both nod.

"T-thank you... nyeh..." the magician stands slowly. "I need to go... please excuse me..."

And with that, the redhead exits the room.

"It seems that we couldn't prevent another kidnapping..." my mom sighs worriedly. "We focused on security around the building, but we didn't do anything to protect the students after school hours..."

"Don't worry, mom. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again..." I say.

"...?" she raises an eyebrow, as if asking me to go on.

"I mean, I could have done something to prevent this, right? Tsumugi is in my class and Tenko and Himiko are right next door. They're my friends... I should've been thinking about how to protect them."

"Shuichi-"

"But now that that they've been attacked like this..." I continue. "There's no way it can happen again. Not with me watching. I'll make sure-"

"SHUICHI!" my mom raises her voice, ensuring that I'd hear her over my rambling. "Don't blame this on yourself. There's no way that anyone could've known this would happen."

"But-"

"No buts," she puts a finger to my lips, shushing me. " You're not a bad person for not being there with them. All we can do now is try our best to find Miss Chabashira and Miss Shirogane. And if anyone can do it, it's you."

"T-thank you..." I manage. Mom likes to keep what she says simple and straight to the point so she doesn't waste her time. If I made her give me a speech like that then I must've really upset her...

"Don't thank me. I'm just speaking the truth, like detectives do." she smiles and stands up from the table. "I think you've been working hard lately. Should we go out for a treat?"

"Only if we can get ice cream!" I laugh, hurrying ahead and forgetting about my problems.. for once.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

I hate myself for sacrificing Tsumugi like that- I'm sorry my love 🙏

On the other hand, I made a surprise update! It's short and doesn't have any Saiouma, but it'll have a few parts, which means that there's plenty of time for romance then! I'm thinking about three or four parts.

Don't forget to follow hqrukx if you want some Project Sekai or Bungou Stray Dogs stories!! They have a lot of good ones!

Thank you for reading! Have a great rest of your day/evening/night!