The Future Foundation...

LMAO- I got tired of calling Shuichi "Naegi" and it confused me so I made an excuse to change his name back to Saihara,,,

That was just a quick heads-up before the chapter begins! I hope you all enjoy!!

༻༻༻⋇⋆✦⋆⋇༺༺༺

It's been about two days since the attack at the abandoned ice cream parlor. Kokichi has been recovering quickly, but Nagito hasn't been so lucky. He's been bedridden ever since then, showing no signs of getting any better. I have no idea what the kidnappers did to him, but it must have been bad.

Hajime won't leave his side. I don't blame him.

...The Future Foundation has been calling and calling. Mom is hardly home anymore. Mr. Togami has been working her so hard... I wish he would just give her a break already...

He wouldn't be doing this if I hadn't even gone in the first place.

But then Hajime and Nagito would have been in even more trouble...

Then why didn't I prevent this before? It's been months since I was assigned this case. This organization should be behind bars already. Nobody is to blame except me and my faulty detective skills.

But-

My spiraling thoughts are interrupted by a notification from my phone. It's from the project groupchat...

I'm so glad to have such an understanding group. Rantaro, Maki, Kaito, and Kokichi were fine with me being busy with the investigation, so they went ahead with their contributions for the assignment. Now that I have this short break, I want to do my part. Besides, keeping myself busy would be much more helpful than just sitting around all this time, wouldn't it?

The objective of this project is to hone our talents. We're supposed to make a display of some sort that puts all of our talents to good use. We agreed on creating a muder-mystery style game that lets us use our knowledge to make the experience more realistic. Our talents of the Ultimate Detective, Supreme Leader, Astronaut, and- well, Maki and Rantaro asked us to refrain from mentioning their talents, so I guess that includes writing them here, too. But they're very useful for the game!

I set up a schedule in my head. I'll start working on the project now and visit Kokichi after a few hours of progress. Once I return, I'll take a short break before continuing with my contribution.

I've created a schedule-making habit for myself, which proves useful in many situations. I try to be as organized and tidy as possible to make sure that I don't cause problems for myself and others. Not that it's been working, though. All I've done lately is make things worse for people... including myself...

...As I sit down at my desk, a sudden thought crosses my mind. I gaze down at the victim files before me, eyes resting on Kaede's.

"How did this get here...?" I ask myself. "When I received these files, nobody at Hope's Peak had been abducted. So why is this here...?"