Chapter 4

Meanwhile, Evan is alone brooding as he normally does. "So this thing is the reason why she fights?" He continues to think about what Eliza told him earlier. Then, Razor walks by him and Evan pats his head. "Hey buddy." Beta also arrives and asks. "Any new information on the unidentified entity?" He asks him. "No, not yet." As they talk, Evan notices someone running towards the forest. "Wait, isn't that Alicia?" He tells himself. Evan quickly goes to follow her, while they follow her, they see Alicia going into her house. "This is her domain, she is safe here." Beta tells him, but Evan seems to be curious about her and secretly looks at her in the window. "Ugh, I'm home, dad." She tells her father. "You're late, again." He tells her. "I know, but it was dark out and I couldn't see very well." She tells him. "I don't care!" He yells at her. "Listen, I need to talk to you." She tells him. "Make it quick." He tells her while grabbing one of his bottles of alcohol. "Why did you want me to be gay? Did you really want a kid who is a part of that?" Her father looks at her and tells her. "No, I don't want to be a part of that crappy community, I just don't want you to have a boyfriend. Because I know you will never be a good mother, girlfriend, or whatever you wanna be when you get older." She is shocked by his response. "Really? If you don't like it, then why would you force me to say I'm gay?" Her father slowly gets closer to her and says. "That was the only way so that you won't be with any boy!" She gets upset and tells him. "I am tired of you making me someone I'm not! No wonder mom left, and if you didn't win custody of me I would've been happy and not miserable with you!" Her father snaps and hits her with the bottle of alcohol. "Don't you ever talk to me like that ever again!" The impact causes Alicia to cry out in pain and she tries to hold back her tears, but her father suddenly continues to beat her while Evan and others watch. "N-no!" Evan says, but his head starts hurting and sees flashes of his past when he saw his dad beat up her mom and it quickly fills him with rage. Evan quickly slams the door wide open while Alicia's father looks at him confused. "Who are you?" He asks him. "She's my friend!" Evan tells him. "So you hang out with boys huh?" He asks her. "W-well, two of them are gay, one of them is a robot as well as another that is a wolf, and this one is..." She stops and blushes. "Eww, you hang out with queers?" Her father says, only for Evan to push him onto the ground while he raises his knife and threatens him with it! "Get the hell outta here, or I'll show you more than a scarred face!" Her father is frightened and quickly runs in his room while Evan picks Alicia up. "Are you okay?" He asks her. "B-barely." She responds while Evan brings her outta the house and calls for Beta and Razor. "Her injuries are minor, she'll be normal by dawn." Beta tells him. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you." Evan tells her while he brings her to his house. An hour later, Razor, Evan, and Alicia arrive at his house and bring her to his room. Beta usually goes to the garage they have for shelter, and while they make it to his room, Razor lays on the floor while Evan puts Alicia on his bed. "There there, here I'll get some bandages." But Razor gets the bandages first then leaves the room. "Thanks." He tells him, then Evan bandages her wounds and lays down next to her. "I-I've never seen you this nice before." Alicia tells him. "Don't think about it that much." He tells her. "H-hey, so are you upset that I lied about being gay?" She asks him. "Why, you did it so your dad won't be a nuisance to you, and I'm sure everyone else will be okay with it." Alicia smiles while Evan continues to bandage her up. "Hey, when you were talking about me back there, you didn't say anything, just blushed." Alicia suddenly gets nervous when he tells her that. "I umm..." Alicia doesn't answer, but Evan lets her not answer his question. "Ugh, my freaking head." Alicia pouts in pain, which Evan gets the idea to lay down next to her and hug her. "Ugh w-what are y-you-" Evan quickly interrupts her and says. "Shh, you don't need to say anything, just rest." Evan then slowly puts his hand on her forehead so it won't hurt, and slowly scratches her head and Alicia slowly falls asleep. While she sleeps, Evan continues to lay next to her and slowly falls asleep.