Chapter 2

"Ah, Y/n I presume?" Ms. Finley, your teacher, asked as you walked into the classroom.

"Oh uh yes ma'am."  You said as she smiled at you.

"Put your bag down here and sit three desks down." She said as she pointed to where you had to sit your bag down at and where you would be seated, you nodded and obliged.

As you sat down, more children flooded the room and began to sit down. After everyone was settled, class was ready and about to start. That was, before a kid rushed inside.

"Ms. Finley! I'm so sorry! Am I late?" The boy asked as he sat his bag down, the teacher just chuckled.

"You made it just in time. Please take a seat." She said as he looked around the room.

You weren't paying much attention, you were reading a book that you had brought with you to pass the time before class started for the day. You had never liked reading until early this year, but you asked your mom and dad and they agreed to buy you more books.

"Yes ma'am but um..where exactly do I sit?" He asked.

"You can sit behind Y/n, Y/n! Raise your hand please." She said, without looking up from your book you raised a hand as the boy who was standing up front was now sitting behind you.

"Okay, now that everyone is settled, let's begin class." She said.

~~~

"Okay everyone, go enjoy your time outside." She said, all the students rushed out the door and outside except you. You grabbed your book and were about to join the rest of the kids before Ms. Finley had stopped you.

"Y/n? Can you spare a moment?" She asked as you turned around, she walked up to you with a concerned smile.

"Y/n, I would appreciate it if you didn't bring this with you." She said, pointing at the book in your hands.

"I won't get it dirty or ruined I promis-"

"No, what I mean is you should play with the other students. You haven't said one word or raised your hand once since the school day began. You've barely even looked up from your book. Please." She said.

You rubbed the book slightly as you looked at the ground, not saying a word. What could you say? You certainly did not want to give up your book for some kids that you didn't even like, nor want to talk to.

She sighed and looked at you.

"Y/n, I heard some your teacher from last year that you weren't very social at all. I'd like to help you change that, please put the book down." She said to you.

"Yes ma'am.." You said, you walked over to your desk and went to place the book back down.

"Thank you." She said as she turned around towards her seat, an idea hit you.

You clutched the book tightly in your hands and ran out of the door and outside without her realizing that you had taken it. After you made it outside, feeling victorious, you decided to sit down under a nearby tree.

"Time to read this, who needs to talk to them anyways?" You said to yourself as you flipped through the pages, finding where you had previously left off.

"Ha! You both are very funny, but may I please get that back? It truly is my favorite book." Someone said nearby you, you sighed and shut the book as you placed it down. You were quite curious to figure out what was happening, and to stop the ruckus that was bothering your book reading.

"I think i'll keep it! Only stupid people read this stuff!" A different voice had said, after reading that you walked over to the scene.

To your surprise it the boy from this morning and two other boys, though, you knew the other two. They had bullied and messed with you last year, their names were William and Joseph.