Chapter 9

Dear diary,

     that's how you're supposed to start this off, correct?

I haven't written in the old thing for a while, not since mother died. Aunt Mary got this for me around a month after it happened, so I could write down how I was feeling, since I didn't really talk to her about things like that. Of course, if mother was still around, I would have someone to talk to. I wouldn't have to write it down in some book. I was twelve when I last wrote in this, its been four years since then. That's because, I haven't needed to write in here. Until now, I suppose. Things have been fine, actually they've been great. I've grown closer to Y/n, and unfortunately, so has Caleb. A lot has happened in the past few years. As irritating as it may be, Caleb has had a crush on Y/n for the past year and a half, or at least that's how long I've known for. He's been awfully flirty with her, its disgusting. And I hate watching it, mainly because I can't tell if she enjoys it or not. If she feels the same way about him, I hope she doesn't. I kind of wish I told her how I felt before she left, I mean, a while before she left. Maybe we would have gotten somewhere if I had. Should I have been doing what Caleb has? I've never tried flirting before, really. Not that I intend too, what would be the point? It feels like almost nothing matters right now, everything I see, or hear, or even think of reminds me of her. 

I didn't realize that five little words could break me so easily.

"I have to move away." 

If I have to be honest, it felt like the world was crashing down on me. Everything felt broken. Out of place, unreal. I didn't want to believe it but as she said it again, the words registered in my head. Over and over again, I wanted it to stop. I wanted the words to disappear. I didn't want to hear them, I didn't want her to say them. Because when she did, there was nothing I could do. Shes everything to me, my best friend. Well, I was hoping for maybe more than just that. But I never had the guts to say it, because if she didn't feel the same, it would hurt more. More than if I just didn't say it in the first place. I didn't want to lose what we had by telling her. So I've kept it to myself but now what am I supposed to do? She said that i'm always charismatic, charming, a people person. And that I could make more friends in no time. I know that I could, but I wanted her. I didn't want some other person. Or some other people to be friends with. I couldn't even settle for someone like Y/n, I need her. I don't even know how long she's going to be gone for, or if i'll ever see her again. I wonder why she didn't tell me sooner. Why did she have to tell me at the last minute? If she told me before hand, maybe I wouldn't be acting like this. Maybe I would have more time to think. I could have done something special for her, but I had no time. I simply didn't. I'm sure that I would have done something stupid, like try to convince her parents to stay. Or try to let her stay.

(Alastor pov, yesterday morning)

I wasn't feeling the best so, I was staying home from school for the day. Last night, I was trying out some of mothers recipes and trying to cook them myself. I think I messed it up somehow because I ended up throwing up in the middle of the night. I was making Jambalaya but I think the meat might have gone bad.

I woke up at the time I usually did, and immediately rushed to the restroom. I suppose my stomach was still messed up. After a few minutes, I felt okay but I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I went downstairs. As I did, there was a knock on the front door.

"Aunt Mary?" I called out when I got down the steps.

"Hm? Yes Hun?" She asked, stepping out of the kitchen.