Chapter 16

"You've been  out of the house." I whispered. I didn't think he would pick up on it.

"Hm?" He asked.

"Nothing, enjoy your walk." I said.

"Thank you, I'll be back in a little while." He said before walking out of the door. 

I sighed before I went and sat down on the couch. Maybe he was still a bit upset about this morning and wanted some alone time, more alone time away from me. I thought that I'd see him a little more than I have since he's letting me stay, but he's been out of the house a lot. I just hope things change soon. One of the reasons that I came back here is because of him, I missed him.

He was one of the main reasons.

(Alastor's pov)

I suppose I could have waited until tomorrow or until later but I decided to go out now, to find my next victim. Of course, I won't be killing them now, not yet at least. I thought Y/n's job working with Mimzy would make things easy for me. She would be gone during the night, and so I would have no problem bringing them down to the basement. I wouldn't see her too much because of our different work schedules, but then I wouldn't have to worry about the bodies since she would be gone. But she wanted to work during the day like me. I suppose I won't be getting much sleep since I'll have to go out late at night now so that she doesn't find out.

 I had half the mind to just make Caleb my next target.

 But I wouldn't kill someone just because they're annoying me. And besides, then she wouldn't stop talking about him. She'd be grieving him and I'd have to hear it, No thank you. I was walking around and looking for a potential victim until I walked by a diner. A man rushed out of there, walking backward as he laughed and said goodbye to someone working there, bumping into me in the process. Almost falling, I felt my eye twitch. They turned around and of course, it had to be Caleb, it's almost like he wants me to kill him. He's giving me all these reasons to.

"Oh hey Al, what are you doing out?" He asked, didn't even bother to apologize.

 He's got some nerve.

"Is that really any of your business?" I asked with a sneer.

"Don't act so grumpy." He said while walking next to me.

"Don't act so annoying." I said, he just scoffed as I raised a brow.

"Since when have I been annoying?" He asked as I chuckled.

"Oh-I'm sorry, you're being serious?" I asked as he crossed his arms and began muttering to himself, too quiet for me to hear.

"If you must know, I'm headed back home." I said in the hopes that he might just leave me alone.

"You should let me go with you, my visit with Y/n was cut short last time." He said. I was about to say no and deny his request before I thought about what I had told her. 

"It's been years, he wants to see me too."

The words tugged at my mind and made me change my previous choice. As much as I disliked it, I knew it would make her happy.