Chapter 17

I sat down on the bed, not sure what to do.

Competing?

With him?

Perhaps I could have been a little more considerate but I meant what I said. She shouldn't be seeing him, especially not after that. I mean, move in? What was he thinking? And as if she would ever accept the offer. She wouldn't, she just wouldn't.

I got up from my bed and walked out of my bedroom, making my way to hers. I tried turning the doorknob but the door was locked.

"Y/n?"

I said, though I got no response. I tried calling her name again but she just wouldn't answer me. I knocked on the door a few times before she finally decided to speak.

"Alastor, can you just.." She paused for a moment.

"Can you please just go away?" She asked. How were we supposed to resolve our little conflict if she wouldn't talk to me?

It was clear she didn't want to talk to me but I could still make an effort.

"Y/n, I just feel like-"

"I don't want to speak to you right now, Al. I'm just..not in the mood." She said.

"Well, when will you be in the mood? When will you decide to speak to me?" I asked as I heard footsteps come to the door. The door unlocked revealing her.

"Can't you please just listen to me for once?" She said with visible tear marks on her cheeks.

 I didn't realize that my actions left her crying.

"Oh dear..I-" I paused. What was I to say?

"I'm sorry." I said, my voice faltering.

"It's fine, just-" She tried to shut the door as she spoke. As she did I stopped the door with my foot.

"Let me shut the door." She demanded, looking me in the eyes. I didn't say anything, just pushed the door open. She stepped back a little bit.

"Al?" She said, I pulled her into a hug which made her surprised.

"I'm sorry." I said, she didn't try and push me away though. In fact, she accepted it.

"I didn't realize that I made you cry, that what I did made you that upset." I said.

"I hope you know, that's never what I intended to do." I said.

"Why fight with him? I don't get it." She said.

"Look," I said, pulling away from the hug.

"You know I don't like him, I've made that quite clear." I said with a small chuckle.

"But I do like you. You're.."

"A very dear friend of mine." I continued.

"And I know that Caleb is your friend, I can't do anything to change that." I said.