chapter two

"Do you want a bat?" Jungkook asked as they pulled into HYBE's parking lot.

"What?" Kaia stopped unbuckling. "An animal?"

"No," Jungkook chuckled. "Like, swinging bat. For a baseball."

"Why would I need a baseball bat?" Kaia frowned softly, Jungkook shrugging.

"To hit the guy if he's weird." Jungkook kept explaining, completely serious. "Do you know how to punch?"

Kaia stared at him in shock, Hoseok and Jin eavesdropping, waiting for her response. "Do I look like I can punch???"

"Okay nevermind." Jungkook laughed, getting out of the car. "I've been training for this moment." Jungkook jumped around, throwing punches at the imaginary enemy in front of him. "Quick jab, duck, jab jab." Jungkook kept punching as Kaia stared at him, lips parted, completely judging him.

"Oh my god he's not going to be a killer." Kaia walked first, the boys hurrying after her, surprised she was taking charge. "If he got into HYBE and is known by Bang, why would he be bad?"

"Listen," Jungkook jogged up to walk beside her. "People are crazy out there. You have to be careful."

"It's fine." Kaia dismissed his worries, stopping at the front door. "Do any of you have a badge? Is there a passcode we have to type in or something?" Kaia turned to Jin and Hoseok. "I haven't gotten my ID yet and-"

Jungkook opened the door, snorting at Kaia's face. "Or you could just open the door."

Kaia straightened her back, walking inside, ignoring the embarrassment inside her chest. "Thanks."

"What a dork." Jin chuckled, walking in after Hoseok. "You make friends quickly." Jin spoke to Jungkook, Jungkook flashing a smile.

"It's because of my charmingly good looks." Jungkook bragged, Jin looking him up and down.

"Mm, no." Jin walked inside, Jungkook making a face at Jin before following.

"Mm, yes." Jungkook mimicked to himself, letting the door shut behind him as he walked inside.

"Miss Kaia!" A cheery man announced, arms outstretched as Kaia approached him. "It's so nice to meet you!"

"It's very nice to meet you too." Kaia shook his hand, Hoseok studying the man carefully. "Is that a dog?" Kaia asked softly, gesturing to the German Shepherd by his side.

"It's your dog." The man grinned, giving her a wink. Kaia stared at the dog in awe, completely shocked that this was her present. She expected a laptop or something small. "Mr. Bang has specially chosen this dog for you for its speed, agility, and power." The man handed Kaia the leash, smiling. "Boys," He pointed at the three. "I would step back."

Jungkook refused at first, but Hoseok pulled him back with himself and Jin.

"We'll be demonstrating Jeju's abilities." The man put on a really thick jacket, the jacket worn by those who were getting prepared for a dog's attack. "The first is his attack." The man walked away, Jeju's eyes never leaving him. "He-" The man stopped, Kaia's hand raised. "Yes?"

"His name is Jeju?" She asked, looking down at the German Shepherd.

"Yes it is." The man quickly continued his presentation. "He-" The man stopped again, Kaia's hand raised once more. "Yes?"

"He's named after Jeju Island?" Kaia smiled, eyes sparkling. "The largest Korean island?"

"Yes."

"It also has South Korea's tallest mountain." Kaia couldn't help but add, looking down at Jeju. "Hi." She smiled, Jeju's tail wagging for the first time as he looked up at her.