chapter six

"Yes?" Kaia asked as she walked into Bang's office. This meeting needed to be fast, she had a meeting right after this one.

"Have you been taking care of yourself?" Bang didn't even look up from his computer, busy with something as well.

"Of course." Kaia answered immediately, 100% believing herself. "And I've been taking care of Jeju."

"Three meals a day?"

"Mhm, two for Jeju." Kaia nodded, a small frown on her face. 'Wait, actually I don't think I've eaten since Jin's breakfast.'

"Drinking water?"

"And coffee." Kaia added, nodding, making sure the frown wasn't on her face anymore. "And I've been checking up on BTS periodically. Everything is fine Bang."

Bang finally looked up at Kaia from his computer, seeing her stand there without fidget and without fear. Bang looked back down. 'That's not what others have said.'

"Alright, you're dismissed." Bang waved, his eyes remaining on his computer screen.

"Have a good day." Kaia bowed before she left, closing the door behind her. 'That was weird.'

Bang pulled out his phone.

bang - you sure she is struggling?

jin - i never said struggling, but she didn't sleep much last night

bang - i talked to her and everything was fine

jin - okay well she's still a kid after this all and probably doesn't see what i see

bang - enough with the kid crap. she's your manager and you will treat her as that. not a kid

jin - bang i wasn't trying to disdain her at all. it's important to remember that she's still a kid with a very big job.

bang - treat her as your equal, nothing less. she's not a kid. she's a very capable adult

jin - alright

Jin shook his head, putting his phone to the side, crossing his legs as he sat in the dance practice room. 'I don't understand Bang.'

"Jin come on!" Hoseok smiled brightly, jumping around in excitement. "We're all ready to dance!"

'Another person I don't understand with this situation.'

-

Kaia walked into the meeting's room, closing the door behind her as she approached an empty seat, presumably for her. She pulled out the chair, but the man beside it slapped his hand on its armrest, pulling it back.

"That's not for you."

Kaia looked around, the table full. "Then where shall I sit?"

"The corner is empty."

Kaia's eyebrows shut up in surprise, but she didn't let anything else in her expression change. "Alright then." Kaia walked over to the corner and pulled out her tablet and pen, setting her bag down beside her afterwards. Jeju sat beside her obediently, looking around at the people sitting at the table.

'All men. That's so weird.' Jeju noted, not knowing South Korea's sexism in the job stand-point.

And that's without taking into account how young she is.

Kaia stood quietly in the corner throughout the meeting, taking notes, observing her colleagues around her. She didn't like being put in the corner, not for one second. But if that's what it takes, she will stand in the corner.