chapter thirty seven

Kaia let out yet another loud groan, Jin dragging her through the house by her hand, Kaia trailing behind him, Jeju as well. Jeju was the only happy one out of everyone in the house; his tail wagging excitedly, wondering where they were going now.

Kaia frowned softly once Jin opened up the door to a room Kaia realized she had never been in. And it was basically another living room?? It only had room for a giant TV and an even more giant couch, but, yeah. This was a living room.

And it was filled with BTS.

"Sit." Jin pointed at the folded chair facing the couch, everyone else sitting on the couch.

"I'm not getting interrogated!" Kaia protested, Jin pushing her down until she sat. Kaia made a scene of crossing her legs and arms, glaring at everyone in the room.

Taehyung and Jungkook were snickering together, getting an elbow from Namjoon. Kaia glared at Namjoon, sensing he was the one who was going to lead this 'lecture.'

"Not only did you not let us know you were staying longer than what was originally thought, you stayed two more hours after I called you to come home!" Namjoon stood up from the couch, standing beside Jin.

Kaia smirked, finding that comment hilarious.

"Kaia." Jin and Namjoon both said in the same warning tone, Kaia rolling her eyes.

"What? Do I need to start calling you two my dads? Cause that's what you're acting like." Kaia slouched in her seat, wanting to get out of the room and continue her job search for the head of Equity and Inclusion.

"Kaia." Jin sighed, looking over at Namjoon, telling him to take over.

"You know we're not trying to do that." Namjoon crossed his arms, Kaia standing up.

"Great! Then I'm going to head back to HYBE-"

"Sit down." Namjoon locked eyes with her, Kaia huffing and sitting back down.

"Technically I'm the one in charge of you guys-"

"Kaia, cut the attitude." Jin sighed in exasperation, sounding like he's had to raise toddlers for all of his life.

Kaia clenched her jaw and stopped the back talk, crossing her arms firmly.

"Alright," Jimin laughed nervously, clasping his hands together. "Let's all take a deep breath and just have a nice conversation."

"I think it's too late for that." Yoongi mumbled, sitting beside Jimin, watching the three of them carefully.

"Aren't you supposed to be up there?" Jungkook hissed to Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin speaking quietly to each other, Kaia's glare on them. "You're like, Dad #3."

"I'm taking no part in this." Yoongi shook his head. "I'm just here to monitor if needed."

"Same." Hoseok held out some M&M's. "Snacks for the show?"

"Listen, Kaia," Jin said in a much calmer voice, not faltering under Kaia's stare. "We aren't trying to be your parents, but we just think it'd be in your best interest to stay away from work a little while longer."

"You haven't had a chance to talk to us about your experiences with Yang or any other details about America and you've hardly had a Christmas break either." Namjoon continued, his eyes gentle now. "And we haven't spoken about the possibility of you attending therapy-"

"But that's exactly why I was at HYBE!" Kaia finally spoke up, dropping her hands into her lap. "I was truly just going to have a meeting with Bang, but then Miss Cho came to me, in tears, because of all the pressure and stress of the employee's complaints and demands." Kaia stared up at the two desperately. "I stayed there and worked on solutions to HYBE and how to fix it. I redid the company policy, I wrote plans for a new department, I gave an outline on how to fix the Media department, I explained employee's complaints, and I wrote a system to provide more mental health to the employees! Including us. HYBE is paying for any of our mental needs. I just had to get that to Bang." Kaia stared at everyone's frozen and wide eyes. "I only stayed the extra hours because Bang needed help with planning some things and I had to find someone to lead the Inclusion and Equity department! Plus," Kaia sat back in her seat, lowering her voice. "I'm meeting with the Chanel people I met with in two days to sign my contract."